MVC baseball tourney and NCAA baseball

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby isumvc1 » May 28th, 2023, 8:33 am

in a dramatic week of MVC tournament baseball Indiana State knocked off Evansville 6-0 in a winner take all game last night to win their 8th MVC tournament title.

Evansville forced a winner take all game when they hit a 2 out, 2 strike grand slam home run to win game one 6-5! It's was quite the scene!

Now Indiana State waits to see if they'll host a regional. It will be announced at 8pm tonight.

Predictions put Tennessee, IU, and Ball State at the INS regional, that would be something else!
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC baseball tourney and NCAA baseball

Postby BEARZ77 » May 28th, 2023, 11:02 am

isumvc1 wrote:in a dramatic week of MVC tournament baseball Indiana State knocked off Evansville 6-0 in a winner take all game last night to win their 8th MVC tournament title.

Evansville forced a winner take all game when they hit a 2 out, 2 strike grand slam home run to win game one 6-5! It's was quite the scene!

Now Indiana State waits to see if they'll host a regional. It will be announced at 8pm tonight.

Predictions put Tennessee, IU, and Ball State at the INS regional, that would be something else!

Evansville was a tough out, but Indiana State was just an excellent baseball team this year in almost every phase. Deserve a national seeding.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » May 28th, 2023, 3:14 pm

Evansville was definitely a tough out, they've got a good team, but ISU certainly had an incredible season. It'll be interesting to see if they're awarded a regional, if so there's lots of work to do to get ready. Would be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so ISU needs to be ready and take full advantage from a marketing/hosting standpoint.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » May 28th, 2023, 6:42 pm

Sycamores are hosting an NCAA baseball regional! Massive opportunity here!
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Chuck A » May 28th, 2023, 8:35 pm

isumvc1 wrote:Sycamores are hosting an NCAA baseball regional! Massive opportunity here!

Wow! That's great! They've earned it.
UIC Flames
MVC Member Since 2022
Chuck A
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby isumvc1 » May 29th, 2023, 10:10 pm

In Terre Haute

#1 ISU vs #4 Wright State

#2 Iowa vs #3 North Carolina

Friday is day 1
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bluestreak » May 31st, 2023, 10:46 am

From Ace Hunts Twitter account -
I’ve got to admit I’ve been extremely disappointed in the behavior and reporting of some folks associated with other schools and newspapers in the Missouri Valley Conference in regards to the Sycamore Baseball team and it’s recent success.
I mean if you want to try and be funny ranking Terre Haute dead last in the league whatever they told me it was the arm pit of America when you people were still in diapers. I’ve met some of my best friends here, my children were raised here. It really is a nice place.
But it’s really mind blowing when you try and dog Indiana State for hosting the regional. I mean what good does that do? Myself and the rest of the Valley lived and died with the Bears in the CWS in the 2000s we cheered for Ben Jacobson and Gregg Marshall in the Big Dance.
The Valley was built on fierce competition but in the non conference and in the post season we are all in. Heck I remember not that long ago when a league school would host an NCAA event and we all would hop in the car and go help out at the tournament.
I’ve been through enough butt kickings over the years at all of these league schools but if any of our league schools got the chance to host an NCAA event based on team merit and not a bid process I would be all in for them because that only makes the league better.All MVC schools should now know even with the loss of a program like Dallas Baptist everyone can host. And you can cherry pick certain people who had bad experiences anywhere I didn’t care for the Atlantis in the Bahamas. The food was bad it was expensive hot Sun burned in Five seconds but I don’t go on a rampage about how the Battle for Atlantis should be cancelled. I can find several student athletes who have gone on to the heights of their sport talking about how wonderful events hosted in Terre Haute. I’m talking Phil Knight (with Oregon XC)
Numerous MLB players who have played here for both Indiana State and other visitors. I’m sure the guys quote who was screen shotted played for the Bears the year there was a mix up at the hotel during the tourney and they had to move rooms. Not ideal but it’s not like the league Or Indiana State left them to fend for themselves on the Wabash. I’ve lost my room for various reasons early in New York City, Las Vegas, Orlando all places much larger than Terre Haute.
I guess my point is what benefit does it have for you to make fun of Terre Haute or that ISU doesn’t deserve to host a regional. What benefit does that have? I mean the entire Southeast is already ticked off they didn’t get nine hosts out of 16. Are we going to get the people in the Missouri Valley Conference fired up at each other too? You know the flip side of your argument is a much brighter picture. Team builds new stadium, puts together years of sustained success, sells out MVC Tournament all the way throughout for first time ever and then gets rewarded as a host school for the NCAAs. I’ll still pull hard for all league schools and I hope they all get to host NCAA events and they all get the chance to go far into NCAA events. Because first off these are wonderful people at the league office and the schools and they deserve the success for their hard work. And you know that when a league schools hosts a regional or a playoff game or makes the Final Four it gives all league schools the ability to dream that they can do it too. They can go into recruits homes and say look at what Indiana State did we want you to help us get to the level where we can do it too. I know most of these writers are just trying to be funny or entertaining but making fun of an entire city or school because we don’t have a 50 million dollar stadium and an albatross of a lease with a minor league baseball team to work around is just plain wrong. Just because a college baseball stadium is shiny doesn’t mean it’s a perfect situation and just because Indiana State doesn’t have a Triple A ballpark doesn’t mean they aren’t deserving hosts of the NCAAs
Oh yeah and the teams who got selected to Lexington are staying in freaking dorm rooms this weekend!
bluestreak
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby isumvc1 » May 31st, 2023, 7:51 pm

Friday

1pm (EST) Indiana State vs Wright State
7pm (EST) North Carolina vs Iowa

Saturday

1pm (EST) Loser 1 vs Loser 2
7pm (EST) Winner 1 vs Winner 2
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » June 2nd, 2023, 4:27 pm

Sycamores win a come from behind thriller today over Wright State 6-5, ISU trailed until the bottom of the 8th inning when a 2 out bases loaded single brought home 2 runs to give ISU a 6-5 lead. They were able to get Wright State 1-2-3 in the 9th to secure the win

Tomorrow the Sycamores play the winner of the Iowa - North Carolina game tonight
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » June 2nd, 2023, 8:13 pm

It will be Sycamores vs Iowa tomorrow at 6pm Central, Iowa holds on to win 5-4 over North Carolina in Terre Haute, 2 really good games today
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball