January 24th-25th games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: January 24th-25th games

Postby rlh04d » January 26th, 2015, 7:45 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:Classless is throwing deep down the middle up two scores with two minutes left in a game.

Oh, c'mon. You were still calling timeouts, Sawyer was rolling and we were only up 13. It was 3rd & 9 with 2:12 left in the game. Let's say we run the ball and you stop us. We weren't in FG range. Giving UNI the ball back with 1:30 left, down only 2 scores, is just stupid considering how well Kollmorgen was playing.

:Cheers:

Two scores is not an adequate lead to back off. Look at the Green Bay/Seattle game. Taking the foot off the pedal to be "classy" gets teams beat.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PantherSigEp » January 26th, 2015, 8:13 pm

Dear lord, how did this get to 15 pages. Scratch that, I don't even want to know what kind of b**ching went on in the last 24 hrs. Goodness.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 26th, 2015, 8:29 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Dear lord, how did this get to 15 pages. Scratch that, I don't even want to know what kind of b**ching went on in the last 24 hrs. Goodness.

Depends on your perspective. To a guy home sick from work with the flu and bored out of his mind (me) it's been mildly entertaining to follow this off and on today. :lol:
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isuredbirds92 » January 26th, 2015, 8:42 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
isuredbirds92 wrote:
How else should we measure IQ? It's a safe assumption to say that a large portion of fans of valley teams are alumni, is it not?

University rankings are completely subjective depending on the criteria used and who is compiling the list. Throw in trying to compare public universities with open records rules vs private schools, national vs regional, different major emphasis, etc. etc.----NONE of which actually deal with IQ, which is itself not an entirely accurate measure of overall intelligence, but only one kind of intelligence.

I live in Iowa, the vast majority of Hawkeye fans have never taken classes at the University of Iowa, or even been in Iowa City.

If you read my post I made it a point to say VALLEY fans. I realize that BCS programs have a lot of support from people who have nothing to do with their university, but the same cannot be said for most valley schools.
isuredbirds92
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PantherSigEp » January 26th, 2015, 9:15 pm

Can we at least all agree that if you're an Oregon fan and you're a giant tool?
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 26th, 2015, 10:43 pm

Holy s***.

When the UNI-ISUr game ended, I immediately came on here to see the reaction and it was on page 5.

I log-in one day later and it's page 15. As someone with a fatal attraction to dramatic theater and trainwrecks, could someone tell me if reading pages 6-15 are recommended?
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 26th, 2015, 10:53 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Holy s***.

When the UNI-ISUr game ended, I immediately came on here to see the reaction and it was on page 5.

I log-in one day later and it's page 15. As someone with a fatal attraction to dramatic theater and trainwrecks, could someone tell me if reading pages 6-15 are recommended?

Absolutely. It includes some weird comparisons of WSUvsISUr fanbase IQs based on random university program rankings, some debate about running up the score in a football game, and the general weight of gameplan vs. luck in a game.

It's can't miss message boarding. I am proud to have been a part of it.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BTbird » January 26th, 2015, 11:29 pm

I didn't read the threads and I don't think I want to. Congrats to UNI. Your team executed better down the stretch and proved why you are ranked where you are. I watched the entire game and like the way we played on defense and get out in transition but was disappointed with our offense. It's frustrating watching us throw away games like that.
BTbird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » January 27th, 2015, 9:14 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Holy s***.

Not recommended.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » January 27th, 2015, 9:16 am

BTbird wrote:I didn't read the threads and I don't think I want to. Congrats to UNI. Your team executed better down the stretch and proved why you are ranked where you are. I watched the entire game and like the way we played on defense and get out in transition but was disappointed with our offense. It's frustrating watching us throw away games like that.

Regardless of the outcome of that game, neither team played like a top 25 team. Not saying ISU is even close o that or UNI has not played like that all year long but in that game, neither team was top 25 worthy.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball