SIU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: SIU

Postby bleach » November 26th, 2015, 4:57 pm

MoValley John wrote:For a guy that inherited nothing, was out of basketball for several years and has had to rebuild a program way out in the sticks, Barry has done a fantastic job.

On the other hand, the Bears keep fading further and further away from relevance.

And when the Bears fired Barry, I was guaranteed by their fans that I was stupid and Missouri State would be dancing within nine years. The clock is ticking.

You just keep throwing that stuff and no one bites. Fishing is better in spring.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby aceslifer » November 26th, 2015, 7:24 pm

why no mentio of the indefinite suspension of the salukis center??
aceslifer
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Rollbird5 » November 26th, 2015, 11:17 pm

aceslifer wrote:why no mentio of the indefinite suspension of the salukis center??

Only if a Redbirds player gets suspended it's talked about duhhh :Cheers:
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » November 26th, 2015, 11:19 pm

When SIU plays in MVC play, the truth will be known about SIU and Barry (good or bad).
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby underdawg » November 27th, 2015, 2:13 am

Championz wrote:
underdawg wrote:
http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_mvc_Men.html

Both Kent State and Oakland were picked to finish second in their league

the dawgs SOS is rated second so far in league

RPI's and SOS's right now are meaningless until the beginning of January.

So when you're saying stuff about SIU's SOS being crappy you are just pulling out of your behind?
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Championz » November 27th, 2015, 1:58 pm

underdawg wrote:
Championz wrote:
underdawg wrote:
http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_mvc_Men.html

Both Kent State and Oakland were picked to finish second in their league

the dawgs SOS is rated second so far in league

RPI's and SOS's right now are meaningless until the beginning of January.

So when you're saying stuff about SIU's SOS being crappy you are just pulling out of your behind?

Where did I say SIU's SOS was crappy?

Know who you're quoting, dawg.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby gtmoBlue » November 28th, 2015, 8:14 pm

It is good - for the MVC, the Saluki's, and Illinois - that THE Southern Illinois University Saluki's are off to a great start this 2015-16 basketball season. The Saluki's have been sorely missed and I am hoping/praying for maximum continued successes on the court for them and Barry (sincerely). The MVC needs 3 or more of its' teams playing well and vying for NCAA bids (UNI, Redbirds, Purple Aces, Ramblers, and the Saluki's). Most of the nation has grown tired of the 6-7 years of Baker n Van Fleet. TIme for the Valley to give us some new teams to cheer for.

God bless the MVC and its' members.
gtmo
When in doubt...Be Bold!
gtmoBlue
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Championz » November 28th, 2015, 9:55 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:It is good - for the MVC, the Saluki's, and Illinois - that THE Southern Illinois University Saluki's are off to a great start this 2015-16 basketball season. The Saluki's have been sorely missed and I am hoping/praying for maximum continued successes on the court for them and Barry (sincerely). The MVC needs 3 or more of its' teams playing well and vying for NCAA bids (UNI, Redbirds, Purple Aces, Ramblers, and the Saluki's). Most of the nation has grown tired of the 6-7 years of Baker n Van Fleet. TIme for the Valley to give us some new teams to cheer for.

gtmo

Why do Creighton fans continually come here? Still not getting any attention in the BIG EAST huh?

Most of the nation is tired of Baker and Van Vleet? LOL. I'm sure all the teams WSU has beaten over the years has probably gotten tiresome for those fans. It sucks to see WSU be in the spotlight while your big bad BJ's continue to take a backseat in their greatest transition in school history. Kinda sucks, doesn't it? :cry:
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » November 29th, 2015, 2:07 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:It is good - for the MVC, the Saluki's, and Illinois - that THE Southern Illinois University Saluki's are off to a great start this 2015-16 basketball season. The Saluki's have been sorely missed and I am hoping/praying for maximum continued successes on the court for them and Barry (sincerely). The MVC needs 3 or more of its' teams playing well and vying for NCAA bids (UNI, Redbirds, Purple Aces, Ramblers, and the Saluki's). Most of the nation has grown tired of the 6-7 years of Baker n Van Fleet. TIme for the Valley to give us some new teams to cheer for.

gtmo

Good post until the part about being tired of Baker and VanVleet.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SIUMD » November 29th, 2015, 6:09 pm

First post.

I think most of Salukiland is thrilled about the 6-1 start. As we are entering the softer stretch of our schedule, leaving the non-conference with 2-3 losses is really a possibility at this point.

To the above poster: The Bola suspension thread has 20 pages on SalukiNation at this point. The TL:DR is this:

Bola made a dumb mistake in his actions on the bench and should have known what he was getting into as he almost transferred at the end of last year. He deserved his suspension. On the other hand, Hinson has admitted to poor relationships with his players at the end of last year, and his transfer rate approaches C.Lo, including what will probably be now 3 players who were starting when they transferred. In conclusion, both parties are at fault, which is unfortunate as we would probably be 7-0 if Bola had played against UTEP.

I will say that there is a lack of SIU coverage here on mvcfans.com, at least lately. I would encourage the moderators to try to engage all teams, rather than cater to a few. For example, while not placing Armon Fletcher on the ballot of potential FOTY is excusable (watch out for him later though!), the Mike Rodriguez for NOTY omission, and especially not having Anthony Beane on the list for potential first team all-Valley is not. He was 3rd in the Valley last year in PPG, so Beane being near the top of the Valley in PPG is not a surprise by any stretch of the imagination. If you need a suggestion of who we think may have potential, let us know.

Thanks for reading.
SIUMD
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball