Saturday Feb 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Saturday Feb 6

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 9th, 2016, 8:24 pm

He's right Birdfan50... To Catch a Predator is always lurking... Gotta be careful.

I guarantee:

Number of times he's used "bandie" in this thread > his age
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Championz » February 9th, 2016, 8:29 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:He's right Birdfan50... To Catch a Predator is always lurking... Gotta be careful.

I guarantee:

Number of times he's used "bandie" in this thread > his age

You mad bandie?

:x
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 10th, 2016, 8:34 am

Championz wrote:
I dunno. I'm not their babysitter. Ask them. They're all over at Shockernet.

Clearly.
The reason I say this is if you are going to call out the "bandies" from ISUr for hopping on when we win a big game, then you also must call out your fellow Shox fans for hiding when they lose. Again, it's a two way street.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 10th, 2016, 8:50 am

mvcfan2 wrote:
Championz wrote:

Clearly.
The reason I say this is if you are going to call out the "bandies" from ISUr for hopping on when we win a big game, then you also must call out your fellow Shox fans for hiding when they lose. Again, it's a two way street.

The funny thing is, if somehow Marshall leaves after this year and Wichita becomes mediocre again, Championz would be nowhere to be found.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mathewson10 » February 10th, 2016, 9:22 am

BirdFan50 wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:ISUr matches up well with WSU. Some teams just don't match well with others regardless of conference position.
Example: This year ISUr does not match up well with Evansville. We have nobody to guard Mock this year (thanks Reggie Lynch) & if we double down on him Evansville has the shooters to hurt us. If we zone it up once again the have the shooters to hurt us.

Some teams just have another teams number
Example: ISUr struggles against ISUb the last few years. That doesn't mean ISUb has had more overall success.

The thing is .. WSU has the shooters too, they have multiple deep threats ... it just happens that they all were off on Saturday. That's why we couldn't bust the zone. Going 1-14 from 3 in a half will do that.

But that had nothing to do with ISU defense? I was at the game and I believe it did.

Yeah, I was at the game too & I can say ISU's zone defense was the best they had played it all year. McCloud who is not known for his defense played amazing at the top of the zone. He limited any penetration & had a hand in face of any potential 3-point shooters. The interior defense stopped any of the easy baskets WSU was getting when we pretended to play man. When Baker was shifted to the high post he really couldn't get anything going because he would have a 6'8 long armed athletic defender in his face immediately. When they tried to use ball reversals to get Baker open in the corner, ISUr would rotate fast enough to not allow very many unguarded opportunities. At times WSU looked like they had never played against a team who played zone.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Championz » February 10th, 2016, 10:05 am

mvcfan2 wrote:
Championz wrote:

Clearly.

You don't read very well.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » February 10th, 2016, 10:07 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:
Championz wrote:

Clearly.

The funny thing is, if somehow Marshall leaves after this year and Wichita becomes mediocre again, Championz would be nowhere to be found.

Hey noob. If you were at VT, which judging by your screenname I suspect you were, I was there at all times, during the Turgeon collapse season and the transitional years with Marshall.

Don't go there.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 10th, 2016, 10:12 am

Championz wrote:Hey noob. If you were at VT, which judging by your screenname I suspect you were, I was there at all times, during the Turgeon collapse season and the transitional years with Marshall.

Don't go there.

Weird because I do not recall anyone by the name of Championz posting at VT. So if you were there would you be willing to tell us your username there? Especially since you have claimed over and over to not have been WSUbballer.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 10th, 2016, 10:32 am

Championz wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:
Championz wrote:

Clearly.

You don't read very well.

Explain?
You call out Bird fans for suddenly posting on here, but not WSU fans for going into hibernation since the hated Redbirds won for the 2nd straight time against you. I'm not going to create a screen name on Shockernet to argue again with "ShockerFever" on that board too. You are more than enough here hiding behind a screen name on a computer to bully others....real manly of you, especially that childish user name with a "z" at the end of Champion.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » February 10th, 2016, 10:46 am

Let's see if we can get this thing to 20 pages.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball