Contract extension for Marty Simmons

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Contract extension for Marty Simmons

Postby Cdizzle » September 23rd, 2016, 2:28 pm

uniftw wrote:
PurpleAcesFootball wrote:We're just over here embracing mediocrity... or should I say Martyocrity.

9 years
141-143 against D-1 competition
0 postseason appearances that didn't cost $$$
Out of 9 years, the lowest 3 SOS years have been the last 3 (self-preservation, IMO)

The self-preservation statement is my opinion. The rest are facts. You have to try really hard to explain those away. It just ends up sound like those directTv Settlers commercials.

But when I say it....

:Cheers:

The mostly positive response on their board pretty well sums up

a) why the extension is taking place to begin with
b) why they don't belong in a D1 league that has any interest in being relevant
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Snaggletooth » September 24th, 2016, 10:03 am

The move makes sense. The question becomes could Evansville do better with somebody else? I mean if you look at the investment Evansville put in relative to what they get back, they are doing better than most schools in the MVC. Could somebody do better, maybe - but SWOMO is perfect example of how it can all go bad.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » September 24th, 2016, 1:29 pm

Evansville should be put on NCAA probation and banned from the tournament as long as he's there for doing this.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Born2Shock » September 24th, 2016, 1:57 pm

bleach wrote:Evansville should be put on NCAA probation and banned from the tournament as long as he's there for doing this.

Extending the contract is like a self-imposed ban.
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sixth ace » September 24th, 2016, 2:22 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:The move makes sense. The question becomes could Evansville do better with somebody else? I mean if you look at the investment Evansville put in relative to what they get back, they are doing better than most schools in the MVC. Could somebody do better, maybe - but SWOMO is perfect example of how it can all go bad.

It's not often agree with Snaggletooth but it does make sense. We change Coach after joining the MVC with Crews and got Merfeld. Why would you chance it again if the current coach is moving the team to higher standards then where he found it. It can go downhill quickly with the devil you don't know than the one you do
I had no say in the decision and I neither agree with it nor disagree. It did happen after Blake tore his ACL

Anyone preaching UE needs to invest more into the program,the University accepts donations from all people not just alums. Step up and open your wallet! We'll receive.

ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » September 24th, 2016, 5:32 pm

Can we donate money to help Evansville move to the OVC where they might be able to consistently fight for 3rd?
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby acepurple84 » September 24th, 2016, 5:51 pm

SubGod22 wrote:Can we donate money to help Evansville move to the OVC where they might be able to consistently fight for 3rd?

Or you can move to the Sun belt.
acepurple84
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Born2Shock » September 24th, 2016, 7:50 pm

sixth ace wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:The move makes sense. The question becomes could Evansville do better with somebody else? I mean if you look at the investment Evansville put in relative to what they get back, they are doing better than most schools in the MVC. Could somebody do better, maybe - but SWOMO is perfect example of how it can all go bad.

It's not often agree with Snaggletooth but it does make sense. We change Coach after joining the MVC with Crews and got Merfeld. Why would you chance it again if the current coach is moving the team to higher standards then where he found it. It can go downhill quickly with the devil you don't know than the one you do
I had no say in the decision and I neither agree with it nor disagree. It did happen after Blake tore his ACL

Anyone preaching UE needs to invest more into the program,the University accepts donations from all people not just alums. Step up and open your wallet! We'll receive.

We're already paying for your coach with tournament shares. What else do you want?
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sixth ace » September 24th, 2016, 8:52 pm

SubGod22 wrote:Can we donate money to help Evansville move to the OVC where they might be able to consistently fight for 3rd?

Please send the money and we'll take it under consideration. :dance:

ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » September 25th, 2016, 1:42 pm

sixth ace wrote:

We are already buying your MVC allotment of Archmadness tickets from you - what more do you want?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball