Creighton @ MSU 1/18 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton @ MSU 1/18 7pm

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 18th, 2012, 2:22 pm

valleychamp wrote:Another thing that will be different is that this game will be on the road, instead of at home for CU. Those excuses you listed will certainly have to be rectified to win this game on the road, if Creighton was unable to beat this team at home.

Agreed, but Creighton has been very good on the road.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby beltwaybluejay » January 18th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Big game for MSU - a lot of other conferences ( mids and others - Pac-12 ) stink like long dead fish. NIU may be beyond the pale after last weekend. As DoubleJ noted its a bad matchup for CU but...go Jays!
beltwaybluejay
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Bear4Life » January 18th, 2012, 4:43 pm

The McD's have got to be mad about how they have fared against the Bears, so I expect them to be ready to go tonight. However, the Bears really need this one and it would surprise me to not see a great effort out of us tonight. I think this is going to be another game decided at the last minute. Hopefully it ends like last years game!
Bear4Life
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » January 18th, 2012, 5:47 pm

I predict a great game. Weems vs McD - what more could you hope for in an MVC game? Thankfully I'll get to see it in person. Both teams will be desperate to win this one.

I'm hoping Patterson shows up. As the CU fan pointed out Echenique didn't play well that 1st game. But neither did Patterson. He (Patterson) can be a real handful when he's hitting shots.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » January 18th, 2012, 6:08 pm

I like the Bears tonight. We have Creighton's number. My biggest concern is that Lusk is able to shake hands with McDermott tonight without showing too much enthusisasm like Cuonzo did last year.

But in all seriousness this has become a premier rivalry in the Valley. I love games like this. What college basketball is all about.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » January 18th, 2012, 6:12 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I like the Bears tonight. We have Creighton's number. My biggest concern is that Lusk is able to shake hands with McDermott tonight without showing too much enthusisasm like Cuonzo did last year.

But in all seriousness this has become a premier rivalry in the Valley. I love games like this. What college basketball is all about.

Don't worry Casey, the handshake won't be a problem cause your guy will be sad tonight. :cry:

:Cheers:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » January 18th, 2012, 6:21 pm

MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » January 18th, 2012, 7:03 pm

MVCfans wrote:No TV, but it shows up here: http://www.firstrow.tv/sport/basketball.html

Amazing!!! The link worked!!!

If that SOPA crap passes, I'm pissed!!!
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » January 18th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Not only that but the quality is really good, better than the CU feed I PAY for.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 18th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Gully looks like he hurt his knee or ankle. Too bad.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball