Indiana State at Drake

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana State at Drake

Postby pafan » February 2nd, 2013, 8:57 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:You mean when Hines had two guys on his back pushing him out of bounds?

The baseline official, the guy who should have seen any push if there was one, thought it was a simple ball out of bounds, no foul.

It was a rather silly idea to inbound to a guy (Hines) who was standing two feet from the baseline, but the ref on the opposite sideline bailed out Phelps.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 2nd, 2013, 9:01 pm

pafan wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote:You mean when Hines had two guys on his back pushing him out of bounds?

The baseline official, the guy who should have seen any push if there was one, thought it was a simple ball out of bounds, no foul.

It was a rather silly idea to inbound to a guy (Hines) who was standing two feet from the baseline, but the ref on the opposite sideline bailed out Phelps.

On the replay the guy directly behind Hines was bodying/bumping him out and another guys leg was on his back as he was bent over.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jackwagon » February 2nd, 2013, 9:31 pm

terrible call at the end. Hines was trapped and ISU did not foul him. However that game should of never been that close. Bye Bye at large for ISUB!
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » February 2nd, 2013, 9:33 pm

Anyone else notice Arop grabbing the official by the shirt after that trap call at the end of the game? Afterwards, Lansing came at Arop and started screaming at him. Wonder if there will be any discipline for that.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 2nd, 2013, 9:38 pm

Jet915 wrote:Anyone else notice Arop grabbing the official by the shirt after that trap call at the end of the game? Afterwards, Lansing came at Arop and started screaming at him. Wonder if there will be any discipline for that.

I noticed that, Lansing was miffed for sure. I thought at first could be a technical, as he was quite animated.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » February 2nd, 2013, 9:42 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:I noticed that, Lansing was miffed for sure. I thought at first could be a technical, as he was quite animated.

I was surprised there was not, really. If I'm the ref, that's automatic.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby jackwagon » February 2nd, 2013, 9:44 pm

Yeah you never go for the refs. He had a right to be animated though. Really a bad call. Hines literally traveled and then tripped over himself out of bounds. There was not foul on the play. Like I said before though ISUB should of taken care of the game before that call.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » February 2nd, 2013, 9:44 pm

Bulldogs didn't play particularly well, but I'm happy with the victory over a good ISU team.

I still don't understand not fouling when you're up 3 and less than 5 seconds to go. DU is fortunate that the Sycs missed the shot to tie.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DUBulldog » February 2nd, 2013, 9:45 pm

jackwagon wrote:Yeah you never go for the refs. He had a right to be animated though. Really a bad call.

There were a lot of bad calls in the game. Not many of them favored Drake.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pafan » February 2nd, 2013, 9:59 pm

DUBulldog wrote:There were a lot of bad calls in the game. Not many of them favored Drake.

I only watched the OT (IU-Michigan is taking priority tonight on my TV), but I was shocked that neither team was in the bonus at the start of OT. This it the Valley for Pollard's sake!
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball