Evansville @ Bradley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville @ Bradley

Postby sixth ace » February 6th, 2013, 12:17 am

pafan wrote:Bradley scores the last six, all from the FT line, and wins 76-70. Seriously.

This!!! Marty on the Hot seat at TPC
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Majik45 » February 6th, 2013, 8:38 am

I definitely feel for Colt Ryan. He is in the same situation Bradley has been in the last couple of years. If they had 1 or 2 more big men that could walk and chew gum, they would be competing for a top 3 spot in conference.

And Kudos to the 12 BU students who showed up for the game and started chanting "USA USA USA" when Mockevicius was shooting free throws. That was funny stuff.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 6th, 2013, 9:56 am

sixth ace wrote:
pafan wrote:Bradley scores the last six, all from the FT line, and wins 76-70. Seriously.

II was wondering about this sixth ace. The Aces have been decent during Colt Ryan's years but haven't really done enough when having one of the best players in your programs history. And even if the recruiting class is great the Aces have to take a step back losing Ryan, Ned Cox, and Taylor.

It was a nice battle between the Ace guards and the Bradley guards last night. I am happy for Dyricus Simms-Edwards. After a cruddy junior season he has had a nice senior year.

Geno Ford has done a remarkable job with this Bradley group.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoBraves » February 6th, 2013, 3:21 pm

sect.3purple wrote:Colt Ryan is a super star.
I also thought the calls the last couple of minutes were suspect...the "block" that was really a "charge" and the phantom foul called on Moore when he blocked the ball....still, we had opportunity to win, but the last 2-3 shots didn't fall for us. Story of the year for us during away games.

Ryan is a stud for sure. Maybe the last couple calls went our way, but clearly they went in favor of UE for most of the 2nd half. Not great officiating tonight, but it didn't affect the outcome.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoBraves » February 6th, 2013, 3:25 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
sixth ace wrote:

II was wondering about this sixth ace. The Aces have been decent during Colt Ryan's years but haven't really done enough when having one of the best players in your programs history.

It was a nice battle between the Ace guards and the Bradley guards last night. I am happy for Dyricus Simms-Edwards. After a cruddy junior season he has had a nice senior year.

Nice to see both seniors (Ryan and Ricque) for both teams having great senior seasons.
I feel bad for Colt as UE hasn't had much success during his career...but at least it hasn't been as miserable as DSE's on Bradley.

Walt and DSE should both be on MVC 2nd team, with Walt getting high consideration for 1st. It's either Odum or Walt, and right now, it's a tossup in my mind.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sixth ace » February 6th, 2013, 5:23 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
sixth ace wrote:

II was wondering about this sixth ace. The Aces have been decent during Colt Ryan's years but haven't really done enough when having one of the best players in your programs history. And even if the recruiting class is great the Aces have to take a step back losing Ryan, Ned Cox, and Taylor.

Geno Ford has done a remarkable job with this Bradley group.

The Aces haven't found the gel in gelatin There is something not right on this senior laden team and until it clears up,if ever, the Aces are struggling. Fans are upset with the 4 guard lineup. The biggest problem is we have limited the team to 2 scorers outside and they aren't use to going to the paint. The shooters are being double on and the shot are rimming out.

Last night they put Ballentine with Cox and Ryan. Bradley couldn't defend all three and double down on
Ryan. Colt made them pay to the cost of 27 points. Ballentine got to show them what they'll see for 3 more years, with his best game so far.
While the officiating wasn't obviously onesided it certainly hit UE at the worst of times. We went on the run and Pollard called the foul before the media timeout and stopped the run. Phantom foulcall on Moore on the rebound with no one @ under 2 minutes to played, tied game, UE give up the ball . Bradley takes the lead. I said Homered on the TPC. It's the calls you get at home. Lost 3 games on the road by a total of 10 points.
I have have this feeling the Aces problems are internal and only they can work it out. Perhaps Jahr was part of it but who knows. Hopefully before soon they get the gel soon

:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball