Purple Aces at Bluejays - Tuesday, 7pm - FSN

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Purple Aces at Bluejays - Tuesday, 7pm - FSN

Postby shocktheheart » February 21st, 2012, 9:51 pm

bugmunch wrote:Great effort by UE, not so great by CU, and yes that was an awful lot of fouls called against the Aces down the stretch.

For CU I'd like to see more minutes for # 1, b.c. he's the only dude on the team who plays decent perimeter D. And let's not have #00 ever see the bench unless he's puking blood and minus an appendage. Oh, and let's work the ball into him more often.

Despite his struggles on D, #30 made clutch play after clutch play. Heckuva career by AY.

Do you know your players names or just a bandwagoner that see's there numbers?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ACECARD » February 21st, 2012, 9:53 pm

UE 71 wrote:If UE beats Missouri State Saturday they should stay out of the play-in.

They were sky high for this game. I hope that they didn't leave it all on the floor tonight. These games can tear your guts out.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » February 21st, 2012, 9:53 pm

ACECARD wrote:
UE 71 wrote:If UE beats Missouri State Saturday they should stay out of the play-in.

They were sky high for this game. I hope that they didn't leave it all on the floor tonight. These games can tear your guts out.

Fortunately an extra day of rest with the Tuesday game.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby purple&orange » February 21st, 2012, 9:54 pm

Hell of a game. Proud of the UE effort tonight. 8 losses by a total of 15 points on the season. Colt and Denver put on a show tonight, hitting nearly everything. My take on why the UE offense was so good was the lack of ball pressure on the guy with the ball, giving him a clear look for Colt and Denver coming off of the downscreen, often for the curl around the elbow. Late in regulation with the shot clock running down the ball pressure was much better and made it tougher to pass and/or create. When you let good shooters hit a couple and continue to catch in rhythm like they do everyday in practice coming off these screens, they'll knock down a bunch of shots.

Give credit to Young for getting to the line a ton tonight and hitting his FTs.

Sucks to lose this because of how well Evansville played and now the possibility of having to play on Thursday, although I'd much rather see a potential matchup with Creighton and leave WSU for later on, projecting forward like every fanbase will as to how they can get the best chance to get to Sunday for a chance at the auto bid.
purple&orange
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » February 21st, 2012, 9:55 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
getreal4 wrote:Aces deserve better, but looking like Thursday for EVille.

Congrats to the Jays for finding a way to win.

Still a high chance with a win Saturday and a 9-9 record they avoid Thursday.
It's not like they are playing Carolina at home, it's Missouri St which BTW, UE has already beaten once.

Be careful, the Bears will come loaded for bear..................
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » February 21st, 2012, 9:56 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:
getreal4 wrote:Aces deserve better, but looking like Thursday for EVille.

Congrats to the Jays for finding a way to win.

Still a high chance with a win Saturday and a 9-9 record they avoid Thursday.
It's not like they are playing Carolina at home, it's Missouri St which BTW, UE has already beaten once.

Be careful, the Bears will come loaded for bear..................

I'm sure they will. I never said we were going to win. UE has bounced back all years from these kind of defeats. No reason to think otherwise now.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » February 21st, 2012, 9:58 pm

Aces1982 wrote:It's not like they are playing Carolina at home, it's Missouri St which BTW, UE has already beaten once.

Oh I'm sorry, is Missouri State not a prestigious enough basketball program for you to slum it at Ford Center on Saturday?
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shocktheheart » February 21st, 2012, 10:00 pm

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:It's not like they are playing Carolina at home, it's Missouri St which BTW, UE has already beaten once.

Oh I'm sorry, is Missouri State not a prestigious enough basketball program for you to slum it at Ford Center on Saturday?

Are you a Creighton fan or MSU fan? Confused by your name.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » February 21st, 2012, 10:01 pm

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:

Please don't take it out of context and put it with the rest of the story. Somebody said UE has a high chance of playing on Thursday now, as if they have no chance to win Saturday.

So I responded with this.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » February 21st, 2012, 10:05 pm

shocktheheart wrote:Are you a Creighton fan or MSU fan? Confused by your name.

Both.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball