Purple Aces at Bluejays - Tuesday, 7pm - FSN

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Purple Aces at Bluejays - Tuesday, 7pm - FSN

Postby TrueBlueJay » February 21st, 2012, 7:56 am

Ace Dad wrote:
3. The Jays are already filling out their brackets and have looked past the Aces.

Teams that are actually....you know....going to be playing in the tournament, don't actually fill out brackets. I'm sure the Aces are sharpening their pencils now.

Good luck tonight :Cheers:
TrueBlueJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jays26 » February 21st, 2012, 8:40 am

Line was at 10 1/2 this morning. Guess all the "smart" money is going on the Aces. 8-)
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 21st, 2012, 9:03 am

Ace Dad wrote:1. Aces have nothing to lose and will play without pressure.

Isn't Evansville still playing to stay out of Thursday night in STL or have they locked up a top 6 spot already?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » February 21st, 2012, 11:26 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:1. Aces have nothing to lose and will play without pressure.

Isn't Evansville still playing to stay out of Thursday night in STL or have they locked up a top 6 spot already?

An 8-10 record would surely mean a Thursday game for the Aces.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 21st, 2012, 11:50 am

Will the Jay fanbase storm the court at Half and at the end of the game because they are so excited?
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ndjaysfan » February 21st, 2012, 12:27 pm

Excited for Senior Night at Century Link. Crowd should be great. Everyone is going to want to give Antowain a great send-off, particularly since he's a hometown kid and especially after what he did Saturday night. I'll be there.

I was also at Evansville a couple of weeks ago, so I know firsthand that this game will not be a cakewalk. Keys to the game from my perspective:

1. Pace - Evansville probably needs to keep this game in 60's to have a chance.
2. Jays 3 point shooting - if Wragge, Manigat and company are hitting, it's hard to imagine the 'Jays losing this game. If they are not hitting their 3's, the Aces can clog the paint, slow down Doug and Echenique and we will have a very interesting game on our hands, just like at the Ford Center.
3. Colt Ryan - Jays defended him well in Evansville but the Jays have had difficulty defending elite perimeter shooters all year and Colt is certainly capable of putting together one of those memorable games.

If forced to make a prediction, I'd take the 'Jays to win this one fairly easily, especially considering the revenge factor and the anticipated Senior night crowd. That said, I would not be that surprised if this went down to the wire. Should be fun.
ndjaysfan
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby ACECARD » February 21st, 2012, 2:34 pm

ndjaysfan wrote:Excited for Senior Night at Century Link. Crowd should be great. Everyone is going to want to give Antowain a great send-off, particularly since he's a hometown kid and especially after what he did Saturday night. I'll be there.

I was also at Evansville a couple of weeks ago, so I know firsthand that this game will not be a cakewalk. Keys to the game from my perspective:

1. Pace - Evansville probably needs to keep this game in 60's to have a chance.
2. Jays 3 point shooting - if Wragge, Manigat and company are hitting, it's hard to imagine the 'Jays losing this game. If they are not hitting their 3's, the Aces can clog the paint, slow down Doug and Echenique and we will have a very interesting game on our hands, just like at the Ford Center.
3. Colt Ryan - Jays defended him well in Evansville but the Jays have had difficulty defending elite perimeter shooters all year and Colt is certainly capable of putting together one of those memorable games.

If forced to make a prediction, I'd take the 'Jays to win this one fairly easily, especially considering the revenge factor and the anticipated Senior night crowd. That said, I would not be that surprised if this went down to the wire. Should be fun.

Excellent post, and I could have not said it better myself. If the Jays miss 18 three pointers again, it will be a very interesting game. If they don't, the Jays should win this game.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdmanBB » February 21st, 2012, 6:47 pm

Let's go Jays. Need evansville to lose. :dance:
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » February 21st, 2012, 7:25 pm

Evansville 19
Creighton 12
1H 11:17

Creighton's turnovers have turned into 7 or 8 points for Evansville so far -- I lost count already. Both squads shooting pretty well so far
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Aargh » February 21st, 2012, 7:40 pm

I;ve been watching CU all season. The current version isn't playing anywhere near the level of the December version.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball