D+ at Illinois State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: D+ at Illinois State

Postby DUBulldog » February 6th, 2013, 9:53 pm

#PhirePhelps

This one is 100% on the "coach". Credit to Illinois State for hanging in there, playing hard, etc. But, with a semi-competent coach, Drake wins this one going away.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hot nuts » February 7th, 2013, 7:43 am

DUBulldog wrote:#PhirePhelps

This one is 100% on the "coach". Credit to Illinois State for hanging in there, playing hard, etc. But, with a semi-competent coach, Drake wins this one going away.

From what I've been reading on MVC school message boards, every coach in the conference is awful...with the possible excetption of Bradley (depending which of their boards you read).
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dawg_tired » February 7th, 2013, 3:15 pm

Trust us. Ours wins worst coach of the year hands down.
Dawg_tired
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BCPanther » February 7th, 2013, 3:44 pm

hot nuts wrote:

From what I've been reading on MVC school message boards, every coach in the conference is awful...with the possible excetption of Bradley (depending which of their boards you read).

We're pretty happy with Jake. I know Bradley is loving some Geno Ford right now. I can't imaging Sycs fans aren't all good with Lansing right now. SIU has to be loving Barry after Wednesday.

The only two places I can see with gripes right now are Evansville, Drake, and Illinois State...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » February 8th, 2013, 8:34 pm

BCPanther wrote:
hot nuts wrote:

We're pretty happy with Jake. I know Bradley is loving some Geno Ford right now. I can't imaging Sycs fans aren't all good with Lansing right now. SIU has to be loving Barry after Wednesday.

The only two places I can see with gripes right now are Evansville, Drake, and Illinois State...

I'm aware that I overstated my thought. Evansville fans should also be happy. I was just reacting to every school having a certain posters (and obvious basketball geniuses) come out of the woodwork after losses and start talking about a lack of halftime adjustments, or being outcoached, or poor use of timeouts, or whatever. I think most reasonable fans can all agree that the refs are the real reason for losses.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball