Indiana State at Drake

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana State at Drake

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 2nd, 2013, 10:04 pm

DUBulldog wrote:I still don't understand not fouling when you're up 3 and less than 5 seconds to go. DU is fortunate that the Sycs missed the shot to tie.

You know it seems a lot of teams aren't doing that I have watched lately and I have wondered why.

I was afraid Odum would do some type of leaning three attempt to draw a foul and pull it off, then make the free throws.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MVCfans » February 2nd, 2013, 10:10 pm

Jet915 wrote:Anyone else notice Arop grabbing the official by the shirt after that trap call at the end of the game? Afterwards, Lansing came at Arop and started screaming at him. Wonder if there will be any discipline for that.

I tweeted the same immediately after this occurred. Stunned that he didn't get t'd up or worse.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby agrinut » February 2nd, 2013, 10:53 pm

MVCfans wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Anyone else notice Arop grabbing the official by the shirt after that trap call at the end of the game? Afterwards, Lansing came at Arop and started screaming at him. Wonder if there will be any discipline for that.

I tweeted the same immediately after this occurred. Stunned that he didn't get t'd up or worse.

Can the league punish him later?
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » February 2nd, 2013, 11:07 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:I still don't understand not fouling when you're up 3 and less than 5 seconds to go. DU is fortunate that the Sycs missed the shot to tie.

You know it seems a lot of teams aren't doing that I have watched lately and I have wondered why.

I was afraid Odum would do some type of leaning three attempt to draw a foul and pull it off, then make the free throws.

He should have, he knows how to sell it. Karma sure does stink huh?
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pawball » February 3rd, 2013, 12:19 am

Penetrate, arch your back like you've been clobbered and get the call. That's Odom's calling card now. Sometimes he may get whacked, but I guarantee you, a good sometimes he does not.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PantherSigEp » February 3rd, 2013, 1:33 am

He also makes darn sure that the officials know he was touched. As soon as the ball leaves his hand it immediately goes to whatever part of his body he wants to say was fouled or they go straight in the air.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » February 3rd, 2013, 8:14 am

PantherSigEp wrote:He also makes darn sure that the officials know he was touched. As soon as the ball leaves his hand it immediately goes to whatever part of his body he wants to say was fouled or they go straight in the air.

After last night's game, I've got to say that the two guys in the league who get the most from the officials are Colt Ryan and Jake Odum. Very few fouls called on either team last night.....unless Odum had the ball. In Drake's win against UE, simply breathing on Colt Ryan was apparently enough to get a foul call (he was 18-18 from the line in that game.....at least half of those free throws were on very questionable calls). Those two guys must know how to sell it to the officials.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dawg_tired » February 3rd, 2013, 10:36 am

DUBulldog wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:He also makes darn sure that the officials know he was touched. As soon as the ball leaves his hand it immediately goes to whatever part of his body he wants to say was fouled or they go straight in the air.

After last night's game, I've got to say that the two guys in the league who get the most from the officials are Colt Ryan and Jake Odum. Very few fouls called on either team last night.....unless Odum had the ball. In Drake's win against UE, simply breathing on Colt Ryan was apparently enough to get a foul call (he was 18-18 from the line in that game.....at least half of those free throws were on very questionable calls). Those two guys must know how to sell it to the officials.

So you are saying that they both have been well coached.
Dawg_tired
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BCPanther » February 4th, 2013, 11:18 am

I've never seen a player talk to officials as much as Odum does. Its almost at every dead ball.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball