Bears v. Shox, Wednesday 7pm CST

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bears v. Shox, Wednesday 7pm CST

Postby shocktheheart » February 1st, 2012, 8:55 pm

Shox win 74-67

Stutz 23 pts 8 rebounds and 1 assists
Weems 13 pts 3 rebounds and 3 assists
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » February 1st, 2012, 8:56 pm

MSUDuo wrote:Lusk didn't even give us a chance at the end. Had us start fouling with 53 seconds to go and a one possession game. Unbelievable

Didn't quite understand that when you have 2 fouls to give and foul three times within 15 seconds and only down three...you are going to get the ball back, didn't need to foul
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Haha » February 1st, 2012, 8:57 pm

MSUDuo wrote:Lusk didn't even give us a chance at the end. Had us start fouling with 53 seconds to go and a one possession game. Unbelievable

I honestly think he wanted them to foul up to the bonus, not foul that 3rd time. This way when they needed to put WSU on the line later they could.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » February 1st, 2012, 9:01 pm

Haha wrote:

I honestly think he wanted them to foul up to the bonus, not foul that 3rd time. This way when they needed to put WSU on the line later they could.

Yup and most coaches would have done the same thing.

Good game Bears. Just didn't have an answer for Stutz or Smith. Smith did pretty well against Weems also for most of the game. He defended hard.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shockem » February 1st, 2012, 9:01 pm

Fouling the shox in crunch time is not a good idea. Bears were doing better playing free and loose.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » February 1st, 2012, 9:06 pm

Props to Stutz also. He has emerged as the beast we were hoping he would be. Ever since the Creighton game he has been a stud. If we can keep 1 or 2 guys hot with him...we are hard to beat.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » February 1st, 2012, 9:06 pm

Haha wrote:

Why do it then? Do it after you try and get a stop and bucket in case something goes wrong. Like in this instance. You lose some time but again, you at least give yourself a chance
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Shockerfan13 » February 1st, 2012, 9:07 pm

Oh and Weems didn't annoy me as much as usual for some reason. Maybe the camera wasn't on him during his tirades that he usually has. But I didn't see as much chest pounding and crap that usually annoys me. I still hate him and wish him the worst. But I was surprised by that.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bearvision » February 1st, 2012, 9:08 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:
Haha wrote:

Yup and most coaches would have done the same thing.

Good game Bears. Just didn't have an answer for Stutz or Smith. Smith did pretty well against Weems also for most of the game. He defended hard.

The thing about that is each time we foul, it starts the shot clock over again. If Bears play it straight, they have at least 18 seconds left to try and tie. If Shox hit a shot, you have to hit a shot and foul quickly, but I like the odds in that better personally. I do think Bears win with CP, but if's and but's and you know the rest.

Congrats to Shox, they were the better team tonight. Were smart with their offense, played defense hard, and recognized a weakness in the post without Patterson. Ran their sets and found a way to get a bigger player on a smaller player in the post all second half. I know most Bear fans won't like hearing it, but the Shox are actually well coached.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MSUDuo » February 1st, 2012, 9:08 pm

Not to take away from a good game all around really

Marshall went to Stutz all night and it worked. Props. We'll see you in Wichita soon and hopefully Patterson is healthy by then
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball