MVC Power Rankings

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Power Rankings

Postby Aces44 » November 26th, 2012, 12:40 pm

Great news everybody!
I just looked at a schedule, and it looks like they will actually play the games, so all of the prognostication that goes on will be pointless.

But for the record:
The Aces are underrated at the moment, and rightly so, essentially, because rankings never have ties; but it doesn't/won't matter as the teams themselves, and not us fans will determine the final rankings, just like they did last year, when the Aces claimed 3rd Place :dance: .
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » November 26th, 2012, 12:55 pm

Aces44 wrote:Great news everybody!
I just looked at a schedule, and it looks like they will actually play the games, so all of the prognostication that goes on will be pointless.

But for the record:
The Aces are underrated at the moment, and rightly so, essentially, because rankings never have ties; but it doesn't/won't matter as the teams themselves, and not us fans will determine the final rankings, just like they did last year, when the Aces claimed 3rd Place :dance: .

For the record, the Aces are underrated? How does an opinion warrant being "On the record?". I can see you stating for the record that in your opinion the Aces are underrated, but I refuse to allow an opinion be put on the record as a statement of fact. Likewise, I will not object to a Bluejay fan posting as a record of fact that Creighton has been ranked in the top 15, but will object to a statement claiming as fact that Creighton is the 15th best team in the country. Opinions sometimes are correct but opinions are not synonymous with facts.

We need to keep the record clean, otherwise we have anarchy- Roberts Rules.
Last edited by MoValley John on November 26th, 2012, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » November 26th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Valleychamp, agree. Excellent points.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces44 » November 26th, 2012, 2:42 pm

@ Mo Valley John = Fair enough (and I agree with your logic), but my opinion is the correct one! :buddies:
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Red » November 26th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Ace Dad wrote:The idiot media analysts are already talking about NCAA bids in November.

Some fan bases have already made March predictions based on one exempt tournament.

In the MVC, bids can be lost in November. I am concerned about our chances and I am sure many MVC fan bases are too.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » November 26th, 2012, 3:00 pm

MoValley John wrote:After further review, I agree with AceDad. Let's play the season out,not keep score and everybody ties for first.

Trophies for everyone!!!!!!!

I'm agreeing with you MoVJ about the big tie for first, but for a different reason.
My prediction for this year is instead of a big tie for 3-7 as happened last year, there will be a big 4-5 way tie at the top. I just feel there is going to a lot of good competition out there. A lot of folks want to go somewhere in March it seems. Could mean good news for the Valley this time, maybe more than 2 teams rated.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » November 26th, 2012, 3:08 pm

I'm agreeing with you MoVJ about the big tie for first, but for a different reason.
My prediction for this year is instead of a big tie for 3-7 as happened last year, there will be a big 4-5 way tie at the top. I just feel there is going to a lot of good competition out there. A lot of folks want to go somewhere in March it seems. Could mean good news for the Valley this time, maybe more than 2 teams rated.

Maybe I misunderstood... :huh:

But if there is a 4-5 way tie at the top....The MVC gets one team into the Dance.

Not good!
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » November 26th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Maybe due to recent performance and competition, multiple bids could be realized.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » November 26th, 2012, 5:31 pm

FearDaTrees wrote:Indiana State not getting much love from anybody really. I guess that is a good thing. Hopefully we can take out an undefeated New Mexico this Saturday at the Hulman Center.

Take out New Mexico and you will get some respect and praise.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 26th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Jet915 wrote:
FearDaTrees wrote:Indiana State not getting much love from anybody really. I guess that is a good thing. Hopefully we can take out an undefeated New Mexico this Saturday at the Hulman Center.

Take out New Mexico and you will get some respect and praise.

As Burton Guster would say, "You got that right."
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball