WSU @ UNI--ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU @ UNI--ESPN2

Postby pawball » February 2nd, 2013, 11:43 pm

A simple observation:

Some Shock players seem to whine and/or beg over calls in a much more exaggerated mode than the average MVC moaner, esp Mr Babyface Early. Unfortunately, instead of just floppin and flagalating all over the place like Dougie Mac does, Canthony engaged his facial muscles in some pretty excruciating positions as he spit out his defiant verbiage over one call after another. As the everly prudent Isaso might say, although I sure wouldn't want to evah put words into his mouth, "I have no possible conception of wheresofor Canth would come up such extravagant justapositions of said facial muscles, unless he hung around good Coach Marshall." Well conceived, sir.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby iSASO » February 3rd, 2013, 6:36 am

pawball wrote:A simple observation:

Some Shock players seem to whine and/or beg over calls in a much more exaggerated mode than the average MVC moaner, esp Mr Babyface Early. Unfortunately, instead of just floppin and flagalating all over the place like Dougie Mac does, Canthony engaged his facial muscles in some pretty excruciating positions as he spit out his defiant verbiage over one call after another. As the everly prudent Isaso might say, although I sure wouldn't want to evah put words into his mouth, "I have no possible conception of wheresofor Canth would come up such extravagant justapositions of said facial muscles, unless he hung around good Coach Marshall." Well conceived, sir.

You are probably the MSU fan who said that Marshall would never win much at WSU because he only recruits athletes and not basketball players. Well, Marshall has a couple of titles and is a National Coach of the Year candidate. Cleanthony was recruited by several high D1 programs. I'm sure you would refuse both of them in your program.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby saluki762 » February 3rd, 2013, 10:19 am

AndShock wrote:
saluki762 wrote:
bleach wrote:Rush the court???????

I have never seen anyone that gives a damn about this other than message board posters.

And basketball analysts.

because we all know how much the opinion of most basketball analysts are respected here. when there are more basketball analysts from mid-major schools around, i will respect their opinion on storming the court more often.

I would be the first to ridicule students from a Kansas, Duke or Kentucky for storming the court. The students from UNI will very rarely get the chance to see a top 15 win at home on national television. For the life of me, I can't imagine why this would excite them. :?
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » February 3rd, 2013, 11:11 pm

saluki762 wrote:
I would be the first to ridicule students from a Kansas, Duke or Kentucky for storming the court. The students from UNI will very rarely get the chance to see a top 15 win at home on national television. For the life of me, I can't imagine why this would excite them. :?

Well...it was our second top 15 win at home in 2 years on national TV.....

I hated it at first, but I'm okay with it now. Kids having fun....close game, intense game, national TV, ranked opponent, one possession game until 4 seconds left in the game. Why not? If I was still in school I probably would have gone as well.

I know I did when I was in school at UNI won the conference title in STL
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby achrist70 » February 4th, 2013, 8:05 am

I think that the Valley wants the winning student body to storm the floor in STL, last years storm was better because of how the game was won, I am not really sure that this warranted it, but hey college students having a little fun, and no one got hurt, I guess no harm no foul.
achrist70
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ali » February 4th, 2013, 8:22 am

Ali wrote:Panthers are going to come out like caged animals and get a W.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Deanthonybowdenfan » February 4th, 2013, 12:11 pm

I just found out that "ColdBlooded" is HCGM. Wow, pretty funny.
Deanthonybowdenfan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unifight789 » February 4th, 2013, 1:13 pm

When we have as much trouble as we do getting students to the game as we have this season, let them do what they want which includes a court storming over a top 15 win. Maybe that will make them want to come back.
unifight789
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby horacepinker » February 4th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Deanthonybowden wrote:I just found out that "ColdBlooded" is HCGM. Wow, pretty funny.

Welcome back! We misssed you after Creightons two losses. So I guess since the SHox have dropped two straight the water is safe again.
Deanthonybowden wrote:
"i agree , wsu recruits athletes, but in reality they dont recruit any better basketball players than isu or ill. st, and creighton definately recruits better than wichita, wichita is the most over-rated valley team"
horacepinker
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Khan4Cats » February 4th, 2013, 4:22 pm

horacepinker wrote:
Deanthonybowden wrote:I just found out that "ColdBlooded" is HCGM. Wow, pretty funny.

Welcome back! We misssed you after Creightons two losses. So I guess since the SHox have dropped two straight the water is safe again.

Speaking of which, I was looking forward to seeing the video highlights in the WSU season thread. Anyone heard from Reaper recently, he hasn't updated that thread for, oh, 6 days now.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball