All MVC
All MVC

Re: ISU in Paradise Jam

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » November 25th, 2014, 6:07 am

Rollbird5 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Tough when a guy goes off for 40. But 12-18 from 3 can happen when you decide zone is the way to go.

We played man about half the game. I'd say 2 of their 12 were open the rest were contested. Gibbs had about 4 of his from 7-10 feet past the arc nothing u can do on those no matter defense your in.

Having a defender flash out on a shooter after he's shooting it is not defending against the three. Yes they were hot, but the zone will sometimes do that to a team. Didn't see the second half.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » November 25th, 2014, 6:59 am

When it was 30-9, I figured this was going to be a blowout. Therefore, despite the loss I think there are some positives that ISUr can take from this. Glad to see they didn't quit when a lot of team would have.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby uniftw » November 25th, 2014, 9:21 am

Redbird Recon wrote:I've seen enough.
We're not a dancer.
We're not a Thursday.
Looks more like an NIT.
:Cheers:

Since when are NIT teams ranked in the top 10?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » November 25th, 2014, 10:54 am

ISUr has significant work to do if it wants an NIT invitation.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » November 25th, 2014, 10:56 am

I'm curious to see what Seton Hall looks like in a couple of weeks when they visit Wichita. My guess is they are an RPI-75ish team this year. So this isn't some terrible loss, I don't think. But at some point, up and coming teams have to up and come.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » November 25th, 2014, 12:43 pm

ISUR finally played a little harder the second half. Team effort still not totally there but IMO you made some progress. However there is still a lot of playground on the team. Teddy has much talent as anyone but he sure likes to jack up the 3 ball.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » November 25th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Marshall continues to beat into our new players. If you want to play, you play great defense, rebound, and don't do stupid things. If you are playing and make a few shots while running the offense, all the better. However your job is to defend and rebound.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mathewson10 » November 25th, 2014, 2:24 pm

mvcfan wrote:ISUR finally played a little harder the second half. Team effort still not totally there but IMO you made some progress. However there is still a lot of playground on the team. Teddy has much talent as anyone but he sure likes to jack up the 3 ball.

ISUr scored 53 point in the 2nd half. I think "finally played a little harder" is understating it a tad.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » November 25th, 2014, 3:19 pm

mathewson10 wrote:
mvcfan wrote:ISUR finally played a little harder the second half. Team effort still not totally there but IMO you made some progress. However there is still a lot of playground on the team. Teddy has much talent as anyone but he sure likes to jack up the 3 ball.

ISUr scored 53 point in the 2nd half. I think "finally played a little harder" is understating it a tad.

They also allowed 43 points. Points scored is a pretty terrible metric for "playing hard."
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball