Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - Champion

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Which team will win the MVC regular season championship?

Poll ended at October 12th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Evansville
26%
Wichita State
74%

Total votes : 43

Re: Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - Champion

Postby Aargh » October 16th, 2015, 5:37 pm

Belmont is your metric? 11-5 in the Ohio Valley conference, 21-11 overall, RPI of 100. With that kind of performance in the MVC last year, Belmont would have just escaped Thursday night in St. Louis.

In Evansville, that better be a double-digit win if the Aces are aiming for a top-4 MVC finish.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shockalot » October 19th, 2015, 3:04 pm

If it works out for Evansville to play Boise State in the tournament they both play in, then we will have a good indicator of how good Evansville might be. Boise State is picked to finish second in the MWC, and have all of their main contributors back from last year, I think, when they made it to the NCAA tourney.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby siudawgs » October 24th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Wichita, obviously, should win the league again and be a top 15-type team. For Evansville's sake, I hope they're a clear second and NCAA contender, because this is clearly the season the Aces need to make their push and sniff some long overdue national relevance. Agree with the consensus that UNI, Illinois State and Loyola (provided Doyle stays healthy) also look like upper-half teams. I think 6-8 will be a crapshoot between Indiana State, Drake and SIU. Southern has had pisspoor point guard play since Bryan Mullins graduated ... if one of the JUCOs brought in there can raise the bar and a couple among Southern's large crop of newcomers click, the Salukis might be a little better than most think, but still disappointing for Year 4 under Hinson. Mo State ninth. Bradley 10th. Looking forward to the season, and hoping the Valley shows well in the non-conference.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » October 24th, 2015, 3:30 pm

siudawgs wrote:Wichita, obviously, should win the league again and be a top 15-type team. For Evansville's sake, I hope they're a clear second and NCAA contender, because this is clearly the season the Aces need to make their push and sniff some long overdue national relevance. Agree with the consensus that UNI, Illinois State and Loyola (provided Doyle stays healthy) also look like upper-half teams. I think 6-8 will be a crapshoot between Indiana State, Drake and SIU. Southern has had pisspoor point guard play since Bryan Mullins graduated ... if one of the JUCOs brought in there can raise the bar and a couple among Southern's large crop of newcomers click, the Salukis might be a little better than most think, but still disappointing for Year 4 under Hinson. Mo State ninth. Bradley 10th. Looking forward to the season, and hoping the Valley shows well in the non-conference.

A lot of folks underselling the Sycamores. They have a chance to be a very good team this year. Scott, Brown, and Smith are not glamorous, but they are high end players. The addition of Van Scyoc at the 4 gives them a strong line-up and a couple other decent kids on the bench. They might get abused at the five, but who's going to do that? The Aces, and maybe WSU. They should go toe to toe at all five positions with the majority of the Valley. I don't know if that makes them the second best team or the seventh best team this year, but I'm not counting them out.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball