MVC Arch Madness

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Arch Madness

Postby beatingrillz » February 10th, 2012, 12:14 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Another factor is that they are so far away. If you are an SIU fan or an MSU fan, you can easily come and go as you please each day, without buying all session passes. Its more of a full weekend commitment for WSU and CU fans.

While we do have the farthest to travel, we also have the largest fanbases in St Louis. Every year. All you have to do is go down there and attend a game.

Huh? CU travels well but no one in STL give a rip about them.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » February 10th, 2012, 1:01 am

So how about during all the "boring team" games WSU and CU fans just chant "Kansas City" the whole time. We will easily drown out the other fans considering we will outnumber them about 10 to 1 even when WSU and CU aren't playing.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » February 10th, 2012, 5:43 pm

Why would you move it to KC since CU and WSU "always" travel to St Louis anyways?
I can remember years when you couldn't find a WSU or CU fan there. Back then it was all SIU, BU, ISUR, and MSU. Things go in cycles and hopefully when they cycle again those Jays and Shocks will still be out in force but don't count on it.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby cpacmel » February 10th, 2012, 8:23 pm

bleach wrote:Why would you move it to KC since CU and WSU "always" travel to St Louis anyways?

Because maybe if it's closer to CU and WSU, MORE jays and shockers fans will come (in addition to the thousands they already bring)

I always thought it would be cool to rotate between St. louis and KC. And I live in Chicago. 8-)
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kyle » February 11th, 2012, 9:16 am

I'm a big fan of moving the tournament to Chicago. KC is a nice city, but very small time. Not an image we want to project on the MVC.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby oneNEIGHBOR » February 11th, 2012, 11:37 am

Kyle wrote:I'm a big fan of moving the tournament to Chicago. KC is a nice city, but very small time. Not an image we want to project on the MVC.

Your right. The Big 12 is very small time. The only way I could see Chicago in the mix is if they had a three site rotation between KC, St. Louis, and Chicago. For a Wichita State fan, Chicago is a very long ways away. On map quest it's a 12 hour drive.
Go Shockers!
Ready for some basketball!
oneNEIGHBOR
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 11th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Kyle wrote:I'm a big fan of moving the tournament to Chicago. KC is a nice city, but very small time. Not an image we want to project on the MVC.

How is KC small time? I suspect it would be a much bigger event there than it is in STL where there is nothing to do....
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » February 11th, 2012, 5:35 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:

How is KC small time? I suspect it would be a much bigger event there than it is in STL where there is nothing to do....

Kansas and Kansas State both play games every year in Kansas City....

Isn't there a preseason tourney in KC as well?

As a UNI fan I'm indifferent as it is about 4.5 either.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 11th, 2012, 6:36 pm

Kyle wrote: KC is a nice city, but very small time.

Whoa!
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby achrist70 » February 12th, 2012, 1:54 pm

oneNEIGHBOR wrote:

Your right. The Big 12 is very small time. The only way I could see Chicago in the mix is if they had a three site rotation between KC, St. Louis, and Chicago. For a Wichita State fan, Chicago is a very long ways away. On map quest it's a 12 hour drive.

San Diego St. will have their conference tournament in NYC next year, that's a long drive
achrist70
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball