Missouri State leaving MVC for CUSA

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Another Expansion/Realignment Thread

Postby So iLL 24 » May 10th, 2024, 3:12 pm

I'm hearing the Dakota schools are looking for a way out as well.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Missouri State leaving MVC for CUSA

Postby MVCfans » May 10th, 2024, 3:33 pm

Figured it was worth splitting this into a new thread.

Sorry to see Missouri State leave, but chasing football dreams is a sign of the times.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BCPanther » May 10th, 2024, 3:38 pm

So iLL 24 wrote:I'm hearing the Dakota schools are looking for a way out as well.

They've been looking for a decade. Problem is nobody wants them because there aren't people there.

Their AD said on the radio yesterday that they might be best off just waiting it out and he foresees the G5, MVFC and Big Sky creating their own level.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IllinoisState » May 10th, 2024, 4:46 pm

BCPanther wrote:
So iLL 24 wrote:I'm hearing the Dakota schools are looking for a way out as well.

They've been looking for a decade. Problem is nobody wants them because there aren't people there.

Their AD said on the radio yesterday that they might be best off just waiting it out and he foresees the G5, MVFC and Big Sky creating their own level.

I've heard of Northern Colorado, Southern Utah, and Utah Tech joining the Summit and the Dakotas going there for football. That could affect the MVC
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Campbellproud » May 10th, 2024, 7:13 pm

Fetz86 wrote:The obvious answer is kick out Valpo and go back to the double round robin.

This is the way. Does the league have a mechanism for kicking a school out? They certainly misrepresented themselves to gain entry. I think a 10 team league with a true round robin would be better than adding a crap school.
Campbellproud
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » May 10th, 2024, 7:42 pm

Campbellproud wrote:
Fetz86 wrote:The obvious answer is kick out Valpo and go back to the double round robin.

This is the way. Does the league have a mechanism for kicking a school out? They certainly misrepresented themselves to gain entry. I think a 10 team league with a true round robin would be better than adding a crap school.

Leagues cannot vote to kick full members out unless they've violated certain conference by-laws. This is why anytime you hear of a league booting a school, it's a FB-only member who's only an affiliate and was never a full member (Temple/Big East, Idaho/SBC, NMSU/SBC) or the school violated certain conference by-laws via major NCAA violations (Marshall/MAC late 1960s).
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ReZyNeZy » May 10th, 2024, 8:02 pm

Campbellproud wrote:

VU most certainly wasn't misrepresenting itself. The coach left the year they agreed to terms (Terms were agreed upon in 2016. Announcements came in 2017) and COVID shuttered the plans to improve the gym. There is a new arena coming. They were consistently top of the Horizon before joining the MVC. Actively winning the regular season 5 out of the 10 years they were members and had 2 tournament berths while members of the HL: consistent regular season and Conference champions of the Mid-Con pre-2007.
ReZyNeZy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SalukiWorld » May 10th, 2024, 11:05 pm

Valpo's facilities might still be ass but as long as they keep Powell, they're headed in the right direction
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ReZyNeZy » May 10th, 2024, 11:16 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:Valpo's facilities might still be ass but as long as they keep Powell, they're headed in the right direction

I completely agree. Hence why we gave him a "good faith" contract extension when the AD left for "personal reasons"
ReZyNeZy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby harley93davidson » May 11th, 2024, 6:32 am

Can everything not be a referendum on valpo's membership in the league please? Yes most of us, including myself, wanted murray in 2017 and I would not have been interested in adding them during the belmont, uic, murray round. I understand the frustration with valpo. However, from a personal POV, I graduated from Illinois state and I am a proud bird; but, I spent my first two years at Bradley. I left bradley because I joined a fraternity, drank too much and lost my scholarships (my ass was very studious at isu as a result). My love for the mvc runs very deep, beyond isu and making valpo fans feel unwelcome is beneath us. I imagine every valpo poster here was ecstatic to leave the horizon and join us. Valpo is an mvc member whether people like it or not, and they should be comfortable contributing here. I will get off my high horse and go birds!
harley93davidson
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball