It is official: Wichita State has been figured out

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: It is official: Wichita State has been figured out

Postby shoxrox » February 7th, 2013, 1:32 pm

cpacmel wrote:Doesn't Marshall make like 1.5 mil a year?

You would think for that kind of coin he would have had the coaching smarts to tell one of the refs that we are going to inbound the ball and call time out at half court, so watch him for the time-out signal.

So now it is required to get the referee's attention before you call a timeout to actually be granted a timeout? I agree that Marshall probably should have done this but isn't crossing the t, screaming for timeout with a referee within 10 feet of you usually enough to be granted one in most cases? Especially in an arena full of about 3000 people?

I know you want to blame the guy that gets paid double to triple what your head guy makes, but doesn't the ref deserve a little accountability too or are they all infallible?
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Khan4Cats » February 7th, 2013, 1:46 pm

shoxrox wrote:
cpacmel wrote:Doesn't Marshall make like 1.5 mil a year?

You would think for that kind of coin he would have had the coaching smarts to tell one of the refs that we are going to inbound the ball and call time out at half court, so watch him for the time-out signal.

So now it is required to get the referee's attention before you call a timeout to actually be granted a timeout? I agree that Marshall probably should have done this but isn't crossing the t, screaming for timeout with a referee within 10 feet of you usually enough to be granted one in most cases? Especially in an arena full of about 3000 people?

I know you want to blame the guy that gets paid double to triple what your head guy makes, but doesn't the ref deserve a little accountability too or are they all infallible?

Not saying that the refs should have ignored him, but do you think all of Marshall's antics on the sidelines over the years have trained refs to more or less ignore him and that this time it came back and bit him?

I agree, from what I saw a timeout should have been called.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby horacepinker » February 7th, 2013, 2:17 pm

CFA Jay wrote:any shocker fans want to sell their MVC tourney tickets?

T

...:cool:

CFA meet my friend Karma...careful she can be a .....
Deanthonybowden wrote:
"i agree , wsu recruits athletes, but in reality they dont recruit any better basketball players than isu or ill. st, and creighton definately recruits better than wichita, wichita is the most over-rated valley team"
horacepinker
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby cpacmel » February 7th, 2013, 2:18 pm

shoxrox wrote:

Obviously it wasn't.

It's coaching 101 man. Most coaches tell refs during free throws, "if he makes this one, I want a time-out". It's not very hard to break from the huddle and find a ref and say, "we are going to get the ball to half court and call time".

Is that how you debate these days? When someone brings up a good point (which I believe I did), you try and turn the tables and bring another coach into discussion?

Refs call what they see. Are you trying to say there is some sort of conspiracy as to why these refs didn't allow a time out to Marshall? Marshall starting to see more strange things happening.... :twisted:
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » February 7th, 2013, 2:44 pm

cpacmel wrote:Is that how you debate these days? When someone brings up a good point (which I believe I did), you try and turn the tables and bring another coach into discussion?

Refs call what they see. Are you trying to say there is some sort of conspiracy as to why these refs didn't allow a time out to Marshall? Marshall starting to see more strange things happening.... :twisted:

You're the one who brought up the salary, as if it has anything to do with a coach reaching over to a ref before play begins to warn that a timeout is going to be called. So don't even go there.

Apparently, you are incapable of watching a replay or have an ax to grind. A lot of outside fans have given their opinion on the timeout non-call. I don't know what a coach has to do to signal for a timeout besides apparently having to warn a ref every time prior to the time out being made that he is going to signal for one.

I don't know why you're trying to be a douche about it. I'm sure if Muller was in the same position, you'd be totally in the same position.. :roll:

No there's no conspiracy. That word or insinuation was only brought up by 1 person - you. Keep trying though.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby cpacmel » February 7th, 2013, 3:15 pm

shoxrox wrote:
cpacmel wrote:Is that how you debate these days? When someone brings up a good point (which I believe I did), you try and turn the tables and bring another coach into discussion?

You're the one who brought up the salary, as if it has anything to do with a coach reaching over to a ref before play begins to warn that a timeout is going to be called. So don't even go there.

Apparently, you are incapable of watching a replay or have an ax to grind. A lot of outside fans have given their opinion on the timeout non-call. I don't know what a coach has to do to signal for a timeout besides apparently having to warn a ref every time prior to the time out being made that he is going to signal for one.

I don't know why you're trying to be a douche about it. I'm sure if Muller was in the same position, you'd be totally in the same position.. :roll:

No there's no conspiracy. That word or insinuation was only brought up by 1 person - you. Keep trying though.

Same old WSUBaller. Can't have a civil debate without name calling.

And hell Yes I would call out Muller for the same freaking thing!

You can't say things like this:
"ref deserve a little accountability too or are they all infallible"

might as well just say the refs have in for you guys.
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » February 7th, 2013, 5:23 pm

I didn't call you a name. I said you're trying to be one, which you are. Don't like it? Stop acting like one.

You're clearly trying to make this thing more than it actually is. Congratulations. You win.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » February 7th, 2013, 10:58 pm

might as well just say the refs have in for you guys.

HCGGM's line. See St Louis 2012
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pawball » February 8th, 2013, 2:25 am

Really??????
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » February 8th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Where the heck did all the WSU posters go? They were quite a few posting on here like crazy a few weeks ago?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball