MVCs Freshman of the Year/Newcomers of the Year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVCs Freshman of the Year/Newcomers of the Year

Postby Khan4Cats » February 6th, 2012, 10:11 am

GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:
GOREDBIRDS4 wrote: If you look at minutes played to shots taken, Nic shoots 1 shot ever 4.04 minutes while Tuttle shoots 1 shot every 4.43 minutes. Tuttle shoots the ball more when hes on the floor.

Actually in this instance doesn't that mean Moore shoots once every 4 mins while Tuttle shoots one once about every 4 1/2 mins (thus Moore shoots it slightly more often). I could be interpreting that wrong, just the first thing that popped into my mind.

Nic shots per minute are lower because he has played more minutes.

If both play 40 minutes, Moore will have taken 10 shots based on his average per minute, Tuttle will have taken 9. 40/4.04=9.9, 40/4.43=9.0 Not a lot of difference, but you can't say Moore is less in this instance.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » February 6th, 2012, 10:24 am

Khan4Cats wrote:
If both play 40 minutes, Moore will have taken 10 shots based on his average per minute, Tuttle will have taken 9. 40/4.04=9.9, 40/4.43=9.0 Not a lot of difference, but you can't say Moore is less in this instance.

BUT 4.04 IS LESS THAN 4.34....NEVERMIND THE FACT THAT THE NUMBERS ARE CALCULATED BACKWARDS SO THAT LOWER IS MORE AND HIGHER IS LOWER!....

UNI SUX! UNI PLAYERS SUCK!
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » February 6th, 2012, 11:01 am

Who cares about the number of shots they take??? I garuntee you that the voters won't be looking at that. They will look at points, rebounds, assists, A/TO, stls, blcks, FG/FT/3pt%, and value to team.

Tuttle and Moore are very, very close.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cpacmel » February 6th, 2012, 11:31 am

Wufan wrote:Who cares about the number of shots they take??? I garuntee you that the voters won't be looking at that. They will look at points, rebounds, assists, A/TO, stls, blcks, FG/FT/3pt%, and value to team.

Totally agree.

And if all things are equal or close, they are going to look at where each team finishes in the standings too. I personally don't agree with that, but it is, what it is.

Now if all things are totally equal between Tuttle and Moore, I think you have to give it to Moore. Running the Point as a true freshman and all that goes with it is bigger than playing forward. Even in Jacobsen's offense.

Of course, I am biased some towards the Redbirds. Though I try to call it the way I see it. :D
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » February 6th, 2012, 11:33 am

cpacmel wrote:
Wufan wrote:Who cares about the number of shots they take??? I garuntee you that the voters won't be looking at that. They will look at points, rebounds, assists, A/TO, stls, blcks, FG/FT/3pt%, and value to team.

Totally agree.

And if all things are equal or close, they are going to look at where each team finishes in the standings too. I personally don't agree with that, but it is, what it is.

Now if all things are totally equal between Tuttle and Moore, I think you have to give it to Moore. Running the Point as a true freshman and all that goes with it is bigger than playing forward. Even in Jacobsen's offense.

Of course, I am biased some towards the Redbirds. Though I try to call it the way I see it. :D

And if Tuttle was a Redbird and Moore was a Panther you'd be making the case for Tuttle.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » February 6th, 2012, 11:48 am

uniftw wrote:
cpacmel wrote:

Totally agree.

And if Tuttle was a Redbird and Moore was a Panther you'd be making the case for Tuttle.

If Tuttle was a redbird and Moore was a panther, the Birds wouldn't have a good enough point guard to get the ball enough to Tuttle to have him in the conversation. With all due respect to other guys on our team like Carmichael and Brown, without Moore, we would likely be fighting for 7th place right now. He has been that much of a difference maker when he is on the floor. That is why I would have him as FOY. He has been able to get our scorers in a better position to do so.

If you get another chance to watch the redbirds (which you should at home), notice the difference in team chemistry when Moore is on the floor opposed to when he is not. That should tell you everything you need to know.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cpacmel » February 6th, 2012, 11:49 am

uniftw wrote:And if Tuttle was a Redbird and Moore was a Panther you'd be making the case for Tuttle.

I don't think I have really made a case for anyone.
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby beatingrillz » February 6th, 2012, 6:21 pm

If ISU finishes ahead of UNI it will be Moore. Both are deserving at this point but in the long run Tuttle wil have the better career. Moore is anoth Anthony James in my book Tuttle is the next McDecommit!
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 45otseoj » February 11th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Tuttle
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby achrist70 » February 11th, 2012, 11:59 pm

It will be a travesty if Tuttle doesn't win this award, the way he has been playing lately has just been phenomenal.
achrist70
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball