MVCs Freshman of the Year/Newcomers of the Year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVCs Freshman of the Year/Newcomers of the Year

Postby Wufan » February 12th, 2012, 7:00 am

Tuttle's my #1 right now, but I think it is close enough that Moore could still win depending on how each finishes out the season.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 2livewu » February 12th, 2012, 8:05 am

achrist70 wrote:It will be a travesty if Tuttle doesn't win this award, the way he has been playing lately has just been phenomenal.

A travesty? I think not. Both are good players. I would disagree with the person that said Tuttle would have the better career. Personally, I think Moore is fantastic.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 12th, 2012, 9:00 am

Obviously if you are basing it only off of last night Tuttle wins in a runaway. Heck last night Deon Mitchell almost looked like the best freshman point guard in the league. There is quite a bit more than just head to head though. Nic Moore has been a great player and would be more than deserving.

Tuttle in his last 5 games is averaging 12.6 points. 4 of those games are against the top 4 teams in the league at this point. Going back 8 games and it is 14.1 PPG.

Nic Moore is no slouch in that time frame either. In his last 8 he is averaging 8.5 PPG. That doesn't seem as impressive, but his averaging 4.1 APG is extremely impressive.

Both players are definitely worthy. I just think it should be Tuttle as I will admit I am a homer.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » February 12th, 2012, 2:43 pm

I don't see how you could vote against Tuttle at this point.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » February 12th, 2012, 3:10 pm

valleychamp wrote:I don't see how you could vote against Tuttle at this point.

That's because you are wearing purple tinted glasses. It's much closer than you are giving credit.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » February 12th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Tuttle has gotten stronger as the season goes on, and he is putting up big numbers almost every night, and he has done it against the best teams in the league. There is no purple tint here. I thought these two players were neck and neck with each other up until about a week ago, but Tuttle has pulled away a bit IMO.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » February 12th, 2012, 3:20 pm

He has DEFINATELY been better in February. In fact, he's playing at an All-Valley level of late. That doesn't mean that Moore isn't right there and capable of winning.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » February 13th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Wufan wrote:He has DEFINITELY been better in February. In fact, he's playing at an All-Valley level of late. That doesn't mean that Moore isn't right there and capable of winning.

FIFY ;)

My stance remains unchanged in that this will not be settled until the season is over and done with. With 3 games left it is anybody's race although I feel Seth has a lot of momentum going and that will be a factor in the minds of the voters. Moore didn't have his best game on Saturday but I was still impressed by him. Very excited to see how he and Deon Mitchell develop going forward as PG's.

And FWIW Dantiel Daniels put up a double-double against Indiana State on Saturday. 16 pts, 10 rebs, I have to admit he is still very much in contention. The only thing going against him is he isn't receiving hype because he is playing for SIU.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GrandpaBear » February 13th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Could Bizoukas win newcomer of the year? I think he's been as valuable as anyone.
GrandpaBear
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Wufan » February 13th, 2012, 4:59 pm

GrandpaBear wrote:Could Bizoukas win newcomer of the year? I think he's been as valuable as anyone.

No. IMO he's not even the NOY for the Bears.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball