Ohio at Northern Iowa - Tuesday 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Ohio at Northern Iowa - Tuesday 7pm

Postby unipanther99 » December 20th, 2011, 11:35 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:You do have to question some of UNI's scheduling decisions this year.

I'd say #2 RPI = questions answered. I know it's still early, but... #2 heading into Christmas ain't too shabby, and the schedule has almost everything to do with that. Well, that and winning.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 45otseoj » December 20th, 2011, 11:47 am

D.J. Cooper is a stud. Very good test for UNI. Go get 'em!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... /dj-cooper
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 20th, 2011, 12:16 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:You do have to question some of UNI's scheduling decisions this year.

I'd say #2 RPI = questions answered. I know it's still early, but... #2 heading into Christmas ain't too shabby, and the schedule has almost everything to do with that. Well, that and winning.

Fair enough. If you win tonight, it won't really matter I guess.

If you lose though, the scheduling issues would arguably have cost you wins over the two best teams on your noncon.

Good luck tonight.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Heinro » December 20th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Jake playing tonight?
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » December 20th, 2011, 3:41 pm

Heinro wrote:Jake playing tonight?

My guess is yes, although I'm sure it will be a gametime announcement to keep Ohio wondering.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby ouvan59 » December 20th, 2011, 3:52 pm

MoValley John wrote:The Game is at Northern Iowa so I don't think there is any free video stream. The last couple of times I've tried to get UNI radio streams, they wanted me to pay. For some reason, UNI thinks they should charge.

I hope I'm wrong and there is a free stream, either radio or video, but I don't hold out much hope. If a UNI fan knows of a free stream, please, please let me know. The only Valley radio play by play worth paying for is Drake but even Dolph Pulliam is free.

http://www.drake.edu/magazine/?p=1102

Ohio fan here. Ohio will have a free radio stream. Russ Eisenstein (formerly of Illinois State and SIU) handles the call and does a very good job.

http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/ohio.portal#
ouvan59
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby MoValley John » December 20th, 2011, 3:54 pm

ouvan59 wrote:
MoValley John wrote:The Game is at Northern Iowa so I don't think there is any free video stream. The last couple of times I've tried to get UNI radio streams, they wanted me to pay. For some reason, UNI thinks they should charge.

I hope I'm wrong and there is a free stream, either radio or video, but I don't hold out much hope. If a UNI fan knows of a free stream, please, please let me know. The only Valley radio play by play worth paying for is Drake but even Dolph Pulliam is free.

http://www.drake.edu/magazine/?p=1102

Ohio fan here. Ohio will have a free radio stream. Russ Eisenstein (formerly of Illinois State and SIU) handles the call and does a very good job.

http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/ohio.portal#

:Yea!: :bounce: :Yea!: :bounce: :Yea!: :bounce:

Too bad you have to go to the OOC team's radio to get media for UNI games, though.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » December 20th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Huge game for UNI, sucks that there's no video for it. (but of course there's video for Evansville-Miami :Bam: )
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » December 20th, 2011, 4:02 pm

MoValley John wrote: :Yea!: :bounce: :Yea!: :bounce: :Yea!: :bounce:

Too bad you have to go to the OOC team's radio to get media for UNI games, though.

If we are in as bad of a financial situation as some would have you believe, we should start putting in pay toilets as well! :o

There are some creative ways to get the stream online... Some of the small town radio stations that carry the Panther Sports Network occasionally forget to turn their stream off during the broadcasts.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 20th, 2011, 4:17 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
MoValley John wrote: :Yea!: :bounce: :Yea!: :bounce: :Yea!: :bounce:

If we are in as bad of a financial situation as some would have you believe, we should start putting in pay toilets as well! :o

There are some creative ways to get the stream online... Some of the small town radio stations that carry the Panther Sports Network occasionally forget to turn their stream off during the broadcasts.

So, in order to listen to a UNI game on the radio, you have to hope that some small town radio station screws up or pay a fee? Nice way to treat your fans and drum up support for the program. I sure hope that UNI fans didn't make fun of Rivals subscriptions. :dance:

This might help explain why UNI's home attendance is so poor. When a program makes it so difficult to follow them, don't be surprised when people don't support that program.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball