Missouri State at Creighton - 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Missouri State at Creighton - 7pm

Postby beatingrillz » December 28th, 2011, 11:21 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
beatingrillz wrote:You are prolly right anyone not CU or WSU should prolly just roll over for the sake of the league. CU is horrible defensively not the Bears fault that they are a better team.

Why are you putting words into my mouth? Where did I say that everyone should just role over and die? Instead of getting offended by my truthful remarks, why don't you take a breath and realize what I stated before overreacting like you typically do?

Because of MSU's poor non-con performance, they are not going to the NCAA Tournament by way of an at-large bid. And because of that, when they beat our "perceived" good teams on their home floors, it diminishes the conference stature. Where did I state that MSU should role over? I didn't. But the result tonight does hurt the conference a tad. And no, I'm not asking for an apology from MSU fans. I'm just making a factual statement.

Moving on.

I don't care what is good for the league, you are going to tell me that as an MSU fan I should worry about the conference's image 1 game in? After all we gotta win in STL to dance, all I know is if the bears repeat they dance no way around it or this is again a 1 bid league.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Haha » December 28th, 2011, 11:47 pm

BG learn to read...you make this site unbearable at times.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pawball » December 29th, 2011, 12:03 am

iSASO wrote:If Creighton loses Saturday, the MVC will lose a #19 ranked team and gain a #25 ranked team. Not good.

Exactly. But this is 'GO' time. #1 team in conf has been beaten by #6 on #1's home court. Very bad. Very bad for conference, which I also agree to. #2 better not lose to #1 at home. That would destory most all belief. I do better to listen to GD.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » December 29th, 2011, 12:07 am

At no time did WSUBaller say MSU should have lost the game. He said that CU losing the game was bad for the Valley. That equates to MSU winning the game is bad for the Valley.

At no time did he say that MSU playing to win the game was bad for the Valley.

I agree that MSU beating CU in Omaha was bad for the Valley. Add in InSU losing to Drake and it was a disastrous day for the Valley.

Unfortunately, some MSU fans have concluded that the blame for a disastrous day for the Valley was the Bears fault. The sad fact is that a team deserving a top-20 ranking almost never loses at home to an RPI 100+ team - and CU did that. All the pollsters, pundits, and media guys who had been blowing CU's horn just got embarrassed and they don't like that.

The bad day for the Valley is not laid on the Bears. The Bluejays are responsible for the Valley taking a huge hit today.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » December 29th, 2011, 12:15 am

The reading comprehension from Bear fans on this site is, to put it nicely, not good.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » December 29th, 2011, 12:17 am

Thank you Aargh for articulating my post. Hopefully the Bear fans who posted in this thread can at least understand your post better and not get their panties in a wad again.

All of a sudden, everything is sunny in Springfield again.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bearvision » December 29th, 2011, 12:45 am

Just a nice reminder, if you want to be the champ, you have to beat the champs.

For those who forget; the Bears are the reigning champs. Go Bears.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » December 29th, 2011, 3:26 am

Congrats to the Bears on a well earned victory!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 29th, 2011, 4:18 am

Aargh wrote:At no time did WSUBaller say MSU should have lost the game. He said that CU losing the game was bad for the Valley. That equates to MSU winning the game is bad for the Valley.

At no time did he say that MSU playing to win the game was bad for the Valley.

I agree that MSU beating CU in Omaha was bad for the Valley. Add in InSU losing to Drake and it was a disastrous day for the Valley.

Unfortunately, some MSU fans have concluded that the blame for a disastrous day for the Valley was the Bears fault. The sad fact is that a team deserving a top-20 ranking almost never loses at home to an RPI 100+ team - and CU did that. All the pollsters, pundits, and media guys who had been blowing CU's horn just got embarrassed and they don't like that.

The bad day for the Valley is not laid on the Bears. The Bluejays are responsible for the Valley taking a huge hit today.

It looks like Mr. Lusk, Mr. Weems, Mr. Downing and Mr. Gulley didn't really care what the pundits were predicting for the Bluejays this year. The Bears look like they are back and intend to repeat as champions.
All the prognosticators, soothsayers and basketball gurus possibly under estimated just how good the Valley is.
The writers are no doubt already changing their stories. Is it possible the early season Valley pick could be winless after three conference games? Looks like there will be plenty to write about and for Valley fans it will be an exciting year.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ferd Berfel » December 29th, 2011, 5:59 am

Watching SWOMO beat the smug sCUm bastards on their home court was priceless!

Of course Weams is still a punk.

Watching sCUm lose at home was almost as good as watching Will Creekmore cry like a little girl last year when SWOMO lost in the NCAA's.
Last edited by Ferd Berfel on December 29th, 2011, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball