CREIGHTON @ WICHITA ST (Sat, Dec 31st, 5pm)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Jays26 » December 29th, 2011, 3:48 pm

I know...I know...starting this thread about 49 hours early...you all can let me have it. :Bam:

Just want to forget about last night and start thinking about this game. :Cheers:

Should be a hell of a battle.....There is a new leader on the course and it ain't Creighton. WSU very impressive in the opener and Jays were not. It will be a real interesting to see how they respond.

Discuss...........
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: CREIGHTON @ WICHITA ST SAT 12/29 5PM

Postby havoc » December 29th, 2011, 3:52 pm

I know it's only one game into the conference season, but WSU is already in the drivers seat.

I agree. Should be a whale of a game. Too bad it has to happen so early in the season. Should be fun.

WSU 77
CU 71
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleychamp » December 29th, 2011, 4:02 pm

This will be a fun one. Would love to be at this one in person. Shockers should be able to get this one at home.

Whats the TV situation for this?
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » December 29th, 2011, 4:09 pm

The game is on ESPNU.

You can say WSU should win this one, but they also should have won 3 games at home in the Valley last year too. I'm very excited for this one but also very nervous. As mentioned in another thread, CU is not gonna wanna start off 0-2. They will be fired up. If WSU plays with the same intensity and focus as last night, I like their chances.

With that said, havoc, how is WSU in the driver's seat, especially after 1 game? That's an absurd statement. If anything, MSU is in the early driver seat with their steal in Omaha. Now, do I think they can hold it up consistently night after night? No. However, the "driver's seat" terminology needs to be saved for the last couple weeks of February, and even then, that'll be pushing it.

I could understand your point that WSU has the potential to be up 2 games on CU quickly, but there are 16 other games left, and about 3 or 4 other teams that have legitimate title hopes.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby havoc » December 29th, 2011, 4:20 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
With that said, havoc, how is WSU in the driver's seat, especially after 1 game? That's an absurd statement. If anything, MSU is in the early driver seat with their steal in Omaha. Now, do I think they can hold it up consistently night after night? No. However, the "driver's seat" terminology needs to be saved for the last couple weeks of February, and even then, that'll be pushing it.

I could understand your point that WSU has the potential to be up 2 games on CU quickly, but there are 16 other games left, and about 3 or 4 other teams that have legitimate title hopes.

Which is why I led off with "I know it's only one game into the conference season" No doubt things can and most likely will change throughout the course of the season, but as of right now, given pre-season expectations and performance in the non-conference portion of the schedule, it would be hard to argue that WSU, with a game at home against CU with the potential to essentially go up 2.5 games of them, isn't in the best position coming out of Round 1 in the Valley.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 29th, 2011, 4:40 pm

This will be a dandy to watch. The round house crowd is always as tough as the basketball team.
I think Wichita will have a big day.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » December 29th, 2011, 5:14 pm

Who will Playa McD be matched up with defensively?

Who will Coach McD plan to shut down offensively?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 29th, 2011, 6:05 pm

Young vs Ragland
Manigalt vs Kyles
Gibbs vs Murry
McD vs Hall
Gregg E vs Stutz

Very interesting match-ups up and down the starting line-up!

This game will be about execution.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 29th, 2011, 7:20 pm

I'm really looking forward to this game too. Good exposure for the Valley that it's on ESPN.

I'll pick CU by +4 76 to 72
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GarH » December 29th, 2011, 8:57 pm

About the only thing you can say for certain from last nights games is the Blue Jays are not the ABSOLUTE lock to win the Valley that some thought they were. The Jays, Shockers and about 3 other teams all have a chance. It should be a very interesting year in Valley.
GarH
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball