Evansville Aces at UNI Panthers (Sun, Jan 1st)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville Aces at UNI Panthers (Sun, Jan 1st)

Postby Aces1982 » January 1st, 2012, 10:17 pm

WSUbballer wrote:Nope. 14 free throws, mostly in garbage time. But who would've thought that it was garbage time in an Aces win??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!1

Predictions:

1.) A lot more Aces fans will be posting on MVCfans this week.
2.) Northern Iowa may not be quite as good as their record indicates.

Regardless, this was another poor result for the Valley. A near 200 RPI team is now tied for first in the conference. Definitely a two-bidder now, if we're lucky.

But of course, this is only game 2. A couple of particular Aces fans rather chirpy tonight. We'll see how long that lasts.

OH MY........

Besides that first moronic statement. I agree. We will probably lose to WSU at home and anyone with an inside game. It is game 2 and we will probably be lucky to win 5 more games in the conference.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » January 1st, 2012, 10:17 pm

pafan wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:But of course, this is only game 2. A couple of particular Aces fans rather chirpy tonight. We'll see how long that lasts.

Isn't it a strange twist of fate that the Black and Yellow visit the Purple and White this week? You'd think someone intelligently designed the schedule. :bow:

Should be a blood bath. Can't wait for it, pafan!

:Cheers:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 1st, 2012, 10:19 pm

ACECARD wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:Colt Ryan definitely proving that he's an All-Valley player in this one.

I bet he still ends up hitting his PPG avg, of course by that time, they'll be all garbage points. What a shocker.

Care to retract?

Do garbage points not count? Has Wichita not ever gotten garbage points? Don't hold your breath on a retraction.

There won't be a retraction. That character is never wrong even when it's staring him in the face. His act is really getting old.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 1st, 2012, 10:22 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:Double Jay, poor analysis.

Don't think so. His shot selection was pretty poor, resulting in rebounds and run out baskets for UNI.

Props to UE. Never stopped fighting and made UNI look very average. So far, UE's lack of size down low hasn't hurt them in the MVC. It will be interesting to see how they fare against the bigger teams.

The shot is supposed to go in. If the shot goes in, there is no rebound or run out.

The player's view of the floor is narrower than yours. Plus, the player is being guarded and does not have the wide angle vision that you enjoy in front of your 47 inch tv.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » January 1st, 2012, 10:25 pm

sixth ace wrote:UE by 3
Go Aces
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I was a bit low on that prediction What a great win on the road for the Aces.

Hey Baller I got an extra ticket for Wednesday,my wife can't make it You want it?
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BradleyBrave » January 1st, 2012, 10:27 pm

I loved Evansville +14.5...wasn't expecting a straight up win. Colt was a ton in the 2nd half. Nice win.
"At some point in the near future, we're going to have a team out there competing for championships" - Geno Ford, November 9, 2011.
BradleyBrave
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » January 1st, 2012, 10:28 pm

BradleyBrave wrote:I loved Evansville +14.5...wasn't expecting a straight up win. Colt was a ton in the 2nd half. Nice win.

I did too... but I also thought Illinois State would win and going 50% doesn't pay the bills :Violin:
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 1st, 2012, 10:29 pm

Ace Dad wrote:The player's view of the floor is narrower than yours. Plus, the player is being guarded and does not have the wide angle vision that you enjoy in front of your 47 inch tv.

Especially when the player isn't even looking for anybody else. At the time I ripped Ryan he had taken about three consecutive off balance, well contested sots early in the shot clock. He didn't look for his teammates, although they were playing very well.

Your comments seem to justify taking any shot at any time. That is remarkably short sighted and I contend that every single coach at every single level would disagree.

BTW, my TV is 60 inches.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bball Junkie » January 1st, 2012, 10:31 pm

Man.....I love it when Colt Ryan scores 29 garbage time points, pulls down 7 rebounds, hands out 5 assists, and leads the Aces to a road win on national television.

Bring on the Shockers.....no trash talk intended, but that game always gets the crowd buzzing and the game seems to be very physical each and every year. Aces know how important Wednesday's game is....now, develop and execute a game plan to minimize the damage in the paint and find a way to keep it close going down the stretch.

Happy New Year!! :Cheers:
Bball Junkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » January 1st, 2012, 10:32 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
pafan wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:But of course, this is only game 2. A couple of particular Aces fans rather chirpy tonight. We'll see how long that lasts.

Isn't it a strange twist of fate that the Black and Yellow visit the Purple and White this week? You'd think someone intelligently designed the schedule. :bow:

Should be a blood bath. Can't wait for it, pafan!

:Cheers:

Baller, who cares? Really? WSU is better, bigger, and deeper than UE. An intelligent basketball fan understands the odds and deals with it. Every time I think you have "balanced" your outlook and approach, you say something so asinine that the whole board goes................."where did that come from."

Bloodbath in basketball. Yeah. Right.............
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball