MVC Arch Madness

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Arch Madness

Postby Turner » February 24th, 2012, 9:24 am

Are the Thursday night games on TV? It seems they usually are not which I cannot understand and this year the 7-8 seeds actually could do some damage.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » February 24th, 2012, 9:27 am

Turner wrote:Are the Thursday night games on TV? It seems they usually are not which I cannot understand and this year the 7-8 seeds actually could do some damage.

I think they are on MVC TV now aren't they?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ValleyFAN » February 24th, 2012, 10:00 am

All games except the championship are on MVCtv. Thursday games have been carried now for a few years.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Turner » February 24th, 2012, 10:07 am

ValleyFAN wrote:All games except the championship are on MVCtv. Thursday games have been carried now for a few years.

So they can be viewed on the computer but not Fox Sports? Better than nothing I guess.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ValleyFAN » February 24th, 2012, 10:09 am

They are on television, FS-Midwest or however everyone gets their valley games on tv. Sorry, I was unaware that "mvctv" was the name of the online service.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ictjay » February 26th, 2012, 12:13 pm

Do we have a Indiana St run this year. Who will it be? Long season with plenty of ups and downs. CU/WSU are in the big dance. Jay's for sure need the rest right now. Hopefully they regain early season form and win 3 in St. Louis. Seeding is all about late season momentum. 2 wins over WSU would maybe vault us up to a 4-5 seed.
Evansville is dangerous right now. Ill St has some players. Not sure what to think about N. Iowa. Mo. St is reeling. Drake and Indiana St. unfortunately have to play Thursday.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jet915 » February 26th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Is this MVCTV free?
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sect.3purple » February 26th, 2012, 5:41 pm

Anyone remember what happened last year in the tourney? There's always a chance for the top teams to stumble, if only for one game.

The Shockers have great shooters, and can hopefully dance for a long time. Creighton, also, has a team capable of winning several games. Both teams are a lock, surely, to have their names called on Selection Sunday even without winning the tourney.

I think it is a good year for a third team to take the tourney....the parity in the middle didn't just happen for no reason....good play and hard work by several teams, including a few victories, or "almosts" against the two top teams.

Of course, I hope it is my ACES...as they have worked so hard all year, and have lost so many games by such few points (what a NCAA record to hold - but we do), but it could be any team that plays well and gets lucky. I hope mental toughness helps carry the Aces along. It seems we have been in one constant battle down to the wire, with just a few exceptions, all year. We should be battle-hardened if ever a team could be!
sect.3purple
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MSUDuo » February 26th, 2012, 6:12 pm

As much as I hope that my Bears join WSU and CU in the Dance, a final featuring 2 ranked teams would be epic for the Valley come Sunday afternoon on CBS
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Polyfro » February 26th, 2012, 6:43 pm

ValleyFAN wrote:They are on television, FS-Midwest or however everyone gets their valley games on tv. Sorry, I was unaware that "mvctv" was the name of the online service.

Correct. According to the press kit I got late last night from the Valley, both Thursday games, all four Friday games and both Saturday games are broadcast in HD on the usual FSN channels, and simulcast on ESPN3 in non-Valley states. Sunday's championship game is NOT simulcast on ESPN3, since it's available free over-the-air on CBS.

Tim Brando and Mike Gminski are the CBS crew for Sunday, in case anyone's curious.
Contributing writer for White & Blue Review | Twitter: @polyfro
Polyfro
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball