MVC Arch Madness

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Arch Madness

Postby Jet915 » February 26th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Polyfro wrote:
ValleyFAN wrote:They are on television, FS-Midwest or however everyone gets their valley games on tv. Sorry, I was unaware that "mvctv" was the name of the online service.

Correct. According to the press kit I got late last night from the Valley, both Thursday games, all four Friday games and both Saturday games are broadcast in HD on the usual FSN channels, and simulcast on ESPN3 in non-Valley states. Sunday's championship game is NOT simulcast on ESPN3, since it's available free over-the-air on CBS.

Tim Brando and Mike Gminski are the CBS crew for Sunday, in case anyone's curious.

Sweet! I love ESPN3!
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Heinro » February 26th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Getting excited for Arch Madness. Its a great weekend of basketball. As posted on here earlier, I do attend every game and this year should be particularly exciting. The parity in the middle should make for some awesome games. I have done this the last few years, but this year my father and I are trying a new strategy. We are WSU fans, but we didn't preorder tickets. In past years, I have noticed several fans sell sessions their teams aren't involved in on the cheap, $10-15. I am hopeful I will be able to find someone who will be willing to sell their tickets. At worst, unless CU and WSU play in the finals, there should be tickets available at the box office. I see no reason to buy all session passes for St. Louis. If tickets are available then why lock yourself into the price? Now if the tourney is moved to KC that is a different story, my guess is it would be a near sell out before the weekend even starts.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdmanBB » February 27th, 2012, 8:51 am

http://www.csnchicago.com/tvlisting

Thurs. - Sat. games are listed on CSN Chicago. Only quarterfinal 1 and 2 on Friday because of Bulls and blackhawks games.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » February 27th, 2012, 11:05 am

From ESPN:
-St. Louis (MVC tourney begins): The Missouri Valley tournament has a way of providing thrilling basketball even when the conference is down, and that's not the case this season. Wichita State is the nation's best true mid-major, while Creighton boasts a likely All-American in forward Doug McDermott. That duo will have to ward off challengers such as Northern Iowa, Missouri State, Illinois State, Evansville and Drake, all of which finished 9-9 in MVC play and need the automatic bid to get to the tournament. Anyway, long story short: Mid-major conference tournaments are uniformly awesome but the MVC's might be the best. Arch Madness!

From CBS:
You down with Arch Madness? I am down with Arch Madness -- otherwise known as the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament. That five schools finished with 9-9 league records speaks to the competitiveness of the MVC, but that doesn't mean there isn't power at the top because Wichita State and Creighton could both advance deep into March. I'm heading to St. Louis later this week in hopes of spending Sunday watching the Shockers and Bluejays play for the title. But if that's not the championship matchup, fine. Because then I'll spend Sunday watching another school -- Northern Iowa? Illinois State? Drake? -- try to turn the MVC into a three-bid league, and that would be fun, too. So either way, I'm cool. Arch Madness is annually one of the jewels of early March. I suspect this year will be no different.

Arch Madness is a great brand for the league.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » February 29th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Gary Parish's preview on Arch Madness

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs. ... 6/35019980
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 29th, 2012, 1:07 pm

Shox beatwriter Paul Sullentrop's preview
http://www.kansas.com/2012/02/29/223538 ... teams.html
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » February 29th, 2012, 4:12 pm

Weather on Thursday and Friday looks nice.

Saturday - cool, windy with a high of 49.

Sunday - cold and windy with a high of 40 degrees!
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby 45otseoj » February 29th, 2012, 4:27 pm

MVCfans wrote:Sunday - cold and windy with a high of 40 degrees!

So nice?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » March 1st, 2012, 10:47 am

About 7 hours away and I can't wait for the tourney to start! Looking foward to watching the SIU Indiana St. game. I think it will be a good game, the other game, not so much.

:dance:
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » March 1st, 2012, 11:41 am

shocktheheart wrote:About 7 hours away and I can't wait for the tourney to start! Looking foward to watching the SIU Indiana St. game. I think it will be a good game, the other game, not so much.

:dance:

I'd be stunned if ISU and DU didn't win tonight. I wonder if either could present challenges tomorrow?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball