MVC Arch Madness

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Arch Madness

Postby ictjay » February 20th, 2012, 3:26 pm

If it doesn't rain, its better than last year.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jays26 » February 20th, 2012, 3:28 pm

MVCfans wrote:Just looked at the long term forecast and the weather sucks for St Louis during Mar 1-4. High temps around 50 degrees each day.

Don't worry..it will change at least 5 more times between now and then. :Yea!:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » February 20th, 2012, 3:29 pm

MVCfans wrote:Just looked at the long term forecast and the weather sucks for St Louis during Mar 1-4. High temps around 50 degrees each day.

That great weather in St Louis this time of year...LOL with some luck it won't snow
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » February 20th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Tell Sundeckers to get those heaters ready.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PantherSigEp » February 20th, 2012, 4:17 pm

50's sounds great right about now. Throw in some rain and that's a little crappy but I would love 50 degree weather in Cedar Falls right now. Surely you've been to this place called the Midwest in March before, right? ;)
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » February 20th, 2012, 4:45 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:

50's sounds great right about now. Throw in some rain and that's a little crappy but I would love 50 degree weather in Cedar Falls right now. Surely you've been to this place called the Midwest in March before, right? ;)

When St. Louis is warm and there's increased foot traffic and people about, it makes for a more entertaining environment. Hopefully we see the 60s.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Moose39 » February 20th, 2012, 7:41 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:

Someone hasn't been to St. Louis for the first week in March for the last two years... it's been shorts weather the last two trips down.
Moose39
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby uniftw » February 20th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Moose39 wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:

Someone hasn't been to St. Louis for the first week in March for the last two years... it's been shorts weather the last two trips down.

2? Make it three.

Three years ago when my wife and I left Cedar Falls it was well below freezing (I think it was about 10-15 degree) but when we got to St. Louis about 5 hours later it was 70-75....I was sweating balls walking around town that weekend.

Last year was the "worst" of the last three, with Saturday morning at the parade being down right cold.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WooHoo » February 20th, 2012, 10:51 pm

The Drury Plaza at the Arch is my favorite St. Louis hotel. The last few years the weather has held for the most part making it a pleasant walk from there to the Scottrade Center.

The biggest issues I've ever experienced are walking back on Friday night to the hotel and trying to avoid the onslaught of bums and "shady" folks asking for "rent money".
WooHoo
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby PantherSigEp » February 20th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Not sure if any of the fellow Panther posters experienced that flash snow storm in Cedar Falls tonight, but I repeat: I will gladly take 50's.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball