MVC Arch Madness

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Arch Madness

Postby FeartheQ » January 14th, 2012, 6:23 pm

MoValley John wrote:
To me, this is just a sad statement. And I'm not calling out Bears fans, just the whole only go watch your team mentality. Why? I have only been to a couple of games in St Louis, and it was because I was on business at the time. With five kids, I don't have the time, nor the luxury to spend a weekend in St Louis. That said, if I were going to attend, I would attend all games. Not just the games that interested me, but all games. If I buy an all session pass, I'll be at every session. I went to every game when the NCAA's were in Omaha, every one of them. Not just Kansas because they were good and not just USC because they have the hottest cheerleaders in the world, I watched them all, UNLV, K State, Portland State, Kent State, Fullerton and Wisconsin. I will go to every one this spring as well. I buy those tickets to watch basketball, not just "my" team play basketball. Regardless of your fan support, if you have been following the Valley throughout the season, given the chance, why not watch the whole soap opera as it concludes? If you haven't done it, try it, you'll be glad you did!

I know people will disagree with me, but I also know there are some on this board that do attend every game. I don't understand the, "My team lost, so I'm packing up and going home" mentality. If you bought the tickets, go to the damn games! In reality, I'm saddened that I don't have the luxury to attend, I'm jealous of those that get to go and it pisses me off when I hear of people buying all session passes and not caring enough to use them for every game.

End of rant.

Why is it a sad statement? I could see some of the other schools that are farther away from St. Louis doing it as a vacation type thing, but if your town is just 3 hours away. Why bother staying up there for all 4 days when you can make that trip daily? The only games I would be interested in watching would be MSU vs. anyone OR Wichita vs. Creighton. Other than that, I'm alright.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » January 14th, 2012, 6:55 pm

FeartheQ wrote:
MoValley John wrote:
To me, this is just a sad statement. And I'm not calling out Bears fans, just the whole only go watch your team mentality. Why? I have only been to a couple of games in St Louis, and it was because I was on business at the time. With five kids, I don't have the time, nor the luxury to spend a weekend in St Louis. That said, if I were going to attend, I would attend all games. Not just the games that interested me, but all games. If I buy an all session pass, I'll be at every session. I went to every game when the NCAA's were in Omaha, every one of them. Not just Kansas because they were good and not just USC because they have the hottest cheerleaders in the world, I watched them all, UNLV, K State, Portland State, Kent State, Fullerton and Wisconsin. I will go to every one this spring as well. I buy those tickets to watch basketball, not just "my" team play basketball. Regardless of your fan support, if you have been following the Valley throughout the season, given the chance, why not watch the whole soap opera as it concludes? If you haven't done it, try it, you'll be glad you did!

I know people will disagree with me, but I also know there are some on this board that do attend every game. I don't understand the, "My team lost, so I'm packing up and going home" mentality. If you bought the tickets, go to the damn games! In reality, I'm saddened that I don't have the luxury to attend, I'm jealous of those that get to go and it pisses me off when I hear of people buying all session passes and not caring enough to use them for every game.

End of rant.

Why is it a sad statement? I could see some of the other schools that are farther away from St. Louis doing it as a vacation type thing, but if your town is just 3 hours away. Why bother staying up there for all 4 days when you can make that trip daily? The only games I would be interested in watching would be MSU vs. anyone OR Wichita vs. Creighton. Other than that, I'm alright.

Because if you live three hours away, it is a six hour round trip, nine hours including the game and not considering in any food or bathroom stops. All to watch a 2-1/2 hour game. If you do the drive, your day is shot anyway and you might as well simply watch the other games. And at $3.00 per gallon gas, you aren't saving much over the cost of a hotel room, plus wear and tear on your car, you are even or money ahead just getting the room and saving gas. While you are there, take in the games, they are already paid for.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 16th, 2012, 6:13 pm

MoValley John wrote:
FeartheQ wrote:
MoValley John wrote:

End of rant.

Because if you live three hours away, it is a six hour round trip, nine hours including the game and not considering in any food or bathroom stops. All to watch a 2-1/2 hour game. If you do the drive, your day is shot anyway and you might as well simply watch the other games. And at $3.00 per gallon gas, you aren't saving much over the cost of a hotel room, plus wear and tear on your car, you are even or money ahead just getting the room and saving gas. While you are there, take in the games, they are already paid for.

Plus game watching, socializing and nice restaurants are more fun than driving.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdfan21 » January 22nd, 2012, 3:36 pm

Sorry if already posted but has anyone got their hands on the "seating chart" for where each school's block of seats will be located? I can't remember how early they are released...
Redbirdfan21
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MVCfans » January 22nd, 2012, 3:57 pm

Redbirdfan21 wrote:Sorry if already posted but has anyone got their hands on the "seating chart" for where each school's block of seats will be located? I can't remember how early they are released...

It has not been released yet. I'll dig back through the posts from last year to see when it was announced in 2011.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » January 22nd, 2012, 4:05 pm

Here is a link to last year's seating: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=798&start=36#p14293
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Red » January 23rd, 2012, 12:55 pm

There's a rotation that requires every team be seated courtside at least one every 3 years I think.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaliJay » January 23rd, 2012, 1:51 pm

I believe Friday was the last day that fans could buy all-session passes is that correct? If so, does anyone know when the final ticket numbers for each school will be released?
CaliJay
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby TheShock » January 23rd, 2012, 4:10 pm

Red wrote:There's a rotation that requires every team be seated courtside at least one every 3 years I think.

Interesting... I guess WSU never received the memo. The best I recall, we bumblebees have been in the same corner longer than a coon's age.
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MSUBear42 » January 24th, 2012, 7:33 am

FYI to those without a hotel yet...

Priceline just accepted my "Name your own" price to the Millenium for only $79/night.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball