Standings after 12 games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Standings after 12 games

Postby valleychamp » February 2nd, 2012, 12:23 pm

I'm not sure what you think you have proven with all those quotes, MVJ. None of those posts show anyone that believed that UNI should be picked in the top 2. And you conveniently left off the part of my post where I said that CU and WSU were clearly the top two at that point. Again, please find me a single person that picked UNI in the top two.

That was a healthy discussion that took place in the pre-season. It was silly to write off the rest of the conference at that point, with all of the questions surrounding all of the teams, let alone CU and WSU. Many questions have been answered to this point.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » February 2nd, 2012, 12:42 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Creighton is the game UNI fans circled on their calendar when the schedule was first released. They sold out the game several weeks in advance and it seems to be the only game that people actually turn out in numbers to root for the hoem team (the Iowa game doesn't count because a large section of the crowd was actually rooting for Iowa, not UNI). They've been foaming at the mouths to get the McDermotts on their floor. Their remarkable thin skin has them all lathered up about Creighton fans mocking their "white people shuffle" dance at last year's MVC tourney. The blizzard forecast will keep many Creighton fans from traveling.

Make no mistake about it- Creighton can lose this game. We also don't match up well with their tackle football approach to the game of basketball and their propensity to flop around like beached whales.

The good thing is that Creighton has a lot of confidence and has already managed wins in extremely hostile environs at San Diego St., Wichita and MSU. Hopefully we keep playing well and get another W, but I am pretty worried about this one.

Your remarkable smugness and arrogance never ceases to amaze. Congratulations.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 2nd, 2012, 12:50 pm

valleychamp wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:Creighton is the game UNI fans circled on their calendar when the schedule was first released. They sold out the game several weeks in advance and it seems to be the only game that people actually turn out in numbers to root for the hoem team (the Iowa game doesn't count because a large section of the crowd was actually rooting for Iowa, not UNI). They've been foaming at the mouths to get the McDermotts on their floor. Their remarkable thin skin has them all lathered up about Creighton fans mocking their "white people shuffle" dance at last year's MVC tourney. The blizzard forecast will keep many Creighton fans from traveling.

Make no mistake about it- Creighton can lose this game. We also don't match up well with their tackle football approach to the game of basketball and their propensity to flop around like beached whales.

The good thing is that Creighton has a lot of confidence and has already managed wins in extremely hostile environs at San Diego St., Wichita and MSU. Hopefully we keep playing well and get another W, but I am pretty worried about this one.

Has UNI sold this game out already? What other games has UNI sold out for home this year?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » February 2nd, 2012, 12:56 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:The standings could look like this at the end of the year

CU....16-2
WSU..15-3
ISU-R..9--9(wins over @BU, BU, DU lose to @UNI, @ISU-B, WSU)
DU.....9-9(wins over @BU, UE, SIU lose to @ISU-R, @WSU, MSU)
UE.....9-9(wins over @SIU, UNI, MSU lose to @DU, @CU, CU)
MSU...9-9(wins over @DU, @SIU, BU lose to @WSU, @UE, ISU-B)
UNI....9-9(wins @SIU, CU, ISU-R, BU lose to @WSU, @UE)
ISU_B..9-9(wins over @BU, @MSU, SIU, ISU-R lose to @WSU, CU)
SIU.....4-14
BU......1-17

Who do you have Creighton and WSU losing to?

I am not saying I think this is the way it will end up. I am just saying it could end up with 6 teams at 9-9 and tied for 3rd.

In this situation I have Creighton losing to UNI and Wichita losing to Creighton.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 2nd, 2012, 1:12 pm

valleychamp wrote:

You know how you can tell when a post is dead on accurate? When the leading UNI smack runner can't find a single thing in it to rebut.

shocktheheart wrote:Has UNI sold this game out already? What other games has UNI sold out for home this year?

As I stated above, UNI sold out this game weeks ago. They even sent out a special press release just to announce the fact that they sold out the game (sell outs are big news for UNI). I think the only other game close was when Iowa came to town and Iowa fans bought up a large portion of the tickets.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » February 2nd, 2012, 1:14 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Re: The debate for third place is open.
by Khan4Cats » September 4th, 2011, 9:34 am

Personally, I know that UNI had many questions coming into the season, but believe that they will get positive answers on those questions. I don't see any team as unbeatable in the conference for them. I understand why people will pick them in the second tier and I am fine with that. I also believe strongly in this team and anything less than wearing white on Friday in St. Louis will be disappointing and I'm not going to to try and argue why they should be a Thursday team.

I'm sorry, where in that post did I say UNI would finish 1st or 2nd? I said I believed we would get positive answers, for the most part we have. I said I didn't think any team was unbeatable for them, and we have lost close games to both WSU and CU where we had a chance to win. (Note I didn't say anything about there being any certain wins either). I also said anything less than wearing white on Friday (which would be anywhere from 1st through 4TH) would be a disappointment. It still will be. We are a game out of 3rd, so that goal is still attainable. I wasn't going to argue why we'd be a Thursday team, there are plenty of fans from the two prima donna programs that will argue that for anyone but their teams as it is.

So again, where was my overzealous prediction of greatness?
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » February 2nd, 2012, 1:15 pm

Yep, per usual, you pretty much nailed it DJA.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » February 2nd, 2012, 1:26 pm

I'm sure every BlowJay player will remain standing unless absolutely rammed by a Sherman tank-which we have none on our roster, so they should all remain upright on defense. Also sure I won't EVER see a Creighton player grab a UNI player or hold a player from making a cut or throw a shoulder into a screener or reach or slap or anything because as we know, they are perfect little angels who play flawless basketball that is crisp and clean as a baby's ass.

I'm sure the fans from Omaha will stay home and play with their little children in the rectory during that cold snowstorm. Oh wait, is that a reason for not going to a game or are they just making excuses. Must be a legitimate reason because only UNI fans make excuses.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » February 2nd, 2012, 1:29 pm

Are you coming to the game in CF, DJA? I will buy you a drink after the game. You cannot possibly be this much of a smug DB in real life.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » February 2nd, 2012, 1:32 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
I'm sure every BlowJay player will remain standing unless absolutely rammed by a Sherman tank-which we have none on our roster, so they should all remain upright on defense. Also sure I won't EVER see a Creighton player grab a UNI player or hold a player from making a cut or throw a shoulder into a screener or reach or slap or anything because as we know, they are perfect little angels who play flawless basketball that is crisp and clean as a baby's ass.

Nice description of the UNI playbook!!! You left out the part where it is required of every player to sport an obscene amount of "body art."

Also, I am the parent of five children and I can guarantee you that there is nothing clean about a baby's ass.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball