Creighton @ UNI, Sat. 2/4 4pm (FoxSports MW)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton @ UNI, Sat. 2/4 4pm (FoxSports MW)

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » February 3rd, 2012, 6:38 pm

What is the status of AJ?
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 2livewu » February 3rd, 2012, 10:06 pm

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for the Panther fans, but this isn't going to be close.

The Interlude dance will be the highlight of the afternoon for UNI.

79-58 Jays
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 4th, 2012, 12:44 am

2livewu wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news for the Panther fans, but this isn't going to be close.

The Interlude dance will be the highlight of the afternoon for UNI.

79-58 Jays

It will be a good interlude with a full house.

The game will be questionable at best. It really depends on if AJ plays. If not it will get really ugly really quick. If he does it will be less ugly less quick. Overall, I think we lose by about the margin you said. We kept it close at Creighton, but we are playing much worse and they are playing much better.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » February 4th, 2012, 1:51 am

Rosters, results, actually almost everything says CU wins this one by double digits.

However...

...billboards when McD left UNI for ISU, the decommit issue, the former coach now coaching an opponent - all that could have UNI in a bad mood. "Any given night" sometimes becomes "tonight" when the home team is in a bad mood.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 4th, 2012, 3:23 am

For UNI to win they have to shoot extreemely well from three, trying to build substantial leads. Play good defense, especially keeping paint points as low as possible.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 4th, 2012, 9:44 am

PricklyPete wrote:Great, just like we needed another reason for UNI to hate us:

Gibbs? He also could have been a Panther — not once but twice. Jacobson was the first coach to offer a scholarship to Gibbs, who grew up about 40 minutes from the McLeod Center, where Creighton and Northern Iowa will square off Saturday in a 4 p.m. game.

When Gibbs was looking for a place to transfer in the spring of 2010 after leaving Gonzaga, Northern Iowa again entered the picture. Two days before he needed to start summer school in 2010, Gibbs was still undecided between Creighton and Northern Iowa.

He eventually picked Creighton, partly because of McDermott. "I look like a genius now, but I just felt like Doug could be a really good player," Gibbs said. "That kind of turned the tide for me. If there was a determining factor, Doug was it."

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120203/B ... -very-well

More fuel to the fire. Should be an interesting day in the MVC.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 4th, 2012, 10:37 am

The Panthers will do what they always do.

1. Run a set over and over and over, until they get a good shot.

1a. Tough, in-your-face defense.

2. Low fouls.

3. Low turnovers.

4. Low scoring game.

5. Let opponent beat itself.

If UNI shoots well, they will win.

One of my least favorite Valley players is Jake (sometimes I disappear) Koch. If he pulls a disappearing act, the Panthers lose. In conference play, he is shooting 31.2% and 24.4%. Not heart warming stats.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » February 4th, 2012, 10:59 am

Jays favored by 1.5
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » February 4th, 2012, 11:28 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
One of my least favorite Valley players is Jake (sometimes I disappear) Koch. If he pulls a disappearing act, the Panthers lose. In conference play, he is shooting 31.2% and 24.4%. Not heart warming stats.

I remember a while back some UNI fans were saying that Jake was definitely going to be a better player than his older brother. That certainly hasn't been the case. Adam was one of my favorite MVC players. He was 0 flash but all substance. He proved he could do it against the best in college basketball too in that KU game.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » February 4th, 2012, 12:29 pm

glm38 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

I remember a while back some UNI fans were saying that Jake was definitely going to be a better player than his older brother. That certainly hasn't been the case. Adam was one of my favorite MVC players. He was 0 flash but all substance. He proved he could do it against the best in college basketball too in that KU game.

I have not seen many UNI fans make those claims. There may have been a few who said he could potentially be better, because his first two years were actually statistically better than Adam's first two years.

Jake is good, but he is not his brother. And is is just way too inconsistent, in so many ways.
Last edited by valleychamp on February 4th, 2012, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball