Northern Iowa at Wichita State - Wed 2/8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Northern Iowa at Wichita State - Wed 2/8

Postby valleychamp » February 7th, 2012, 5:16 pm

5 of the last 7 in Wichita, and 10 of the last 15 overall. Borderline dominance...
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » February 7th, 2012, 5:23 pm

I can see it being a "let down" game but I really hope the players use the CU game as a springboard.

If I had a gun pointed at me telling to me to pick a winner I'd go WSU by about 6....I'm hoping I'm wrong though.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 7th, 2012, 5:28 pm

valleychamp wrote:5 of the last 7 in Wichita, and 10 of the last 15 overall. Borderline dominance...

Why throw in borderline?

It is dominance.

Better coach, better system and better players hands down.

If Marshall stays, but I doubt he is here next year, I would take the Shockers to turn that around in the next 15.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 7th, 2012, 5:43 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:WSU wins easy. UNI had their game of the millennium on Saturday, replete with a court storming. It seems unlikely that they'll be able to get as hyped up two games in a row, but it would certainly benefit Creighton if they could...

Yeah game of the millennium. :huh: Seriously get over the fact you lost and we stormed the court.

I really think WSU will win this game, and depending on if they are focused could win easily. Don't forget we only lost by 3 at home against the Shox, and actually were leading the majority of the way. I still have to pick WSU to win this game by around 10. WSU is the most talented team in the conference, and when not hindered by mental mistakes or coaching errors they are really really good. If they play disciplined we don't stand a chance. I think we will actually be up for this game, and the players will be playing with lots of confidence. Hopefully WSU is looking ahead to a trip to Omaha.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » February 7th, 2012, 5:47 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:WSU wins easy. UNI had their game of the millennium on Saturday, replete with a court storming. It seems unlikely that they'll be able to get as hyped up two games in a row, but it would certainly benefit Creighton if they could...

Yeah game of the millennium. :huh: Seriously get over the fact you lost and we stormed the court.

I really think WSU will win this game, and depending on if they are focused could win easily. Don't forget we only lost by 3 at home against the Shox, and actually were leading the majority of the way. I still have to pick WSU to win this game by around 10. WSU is the most talented team in the conference, and when not hindered by mental mistakes or coaching errors they are really really good. If they play disciplined we don't stand a chance. I think we will actually be up for this game, and the players will be playing with lots of confidence. Hopefully WSU is looking ahead to a trip to Omaha.

That sentence has been said about them for the last three years or so....but for some reason they seem to make some mistakes at some really bad times....
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 7th, 2012, 5:52 pm

uniftw wrote:That sentence has been said about them for the last three years or so....but for some reason they seem to make some mistakes at some really bad times....

Yeah I know but when they put it together, like in the NIT last year, you saw what they can do.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 7th, 2012, 6:01 pm

uniftw wrote:Seriously get over the fact you lost and we stormed the court. ....

But you have to admit that storming the court is pretty bush league, might as well do the wave also.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 7th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Ferd Berfel wrote:
uniftw wrote:Seriously get over the fact you lost and we stormed the court. ....

But you have to admit that storming the court is pretty bush league, might as well do the wave also.

Well you quoted the wrong person, but funny story is the student section did try to get the wave going that game as well...
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » February 8th, 2012, 12:15 am

DId someone just say game of the millennium? Please, don't flatter yourselves Jays fans. Probably the greatest game at the relatively new McLeod Center but you're no Kansas. Hoping the boys can carry it over to tomorrow night and shock the Shox! The top of the Valley is their's for the taking though
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » February 8th, 2012, 11:33 am

Not to continue the off topic banter, but the CU game was not the best game ever in the McLeod Center.

Top 5 maybe, but not the best.

Back to the WSU game, I don't see UNI pulling it off, but I really hope I am wrong. The 10.5 point line seems high, but Vegas isn't necessarily making any predictions with their betting lines, but merely hoping for equal action on both sides.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball