Is Creighton University Playing Their Way Onto The Bubble?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Is Creighton University Playing Their Way Onto The Bubbl

Postby uniftw » February 11th, 2012, 8:09 pm

Smooth007 wrote:There is an enjoyable thread, for non-CU fans, on the BlueJay Underground that has suddenly gone silent. Before the Northern Iowa game someone posted a poll asking what CU's record will be over the next 5 game stretch. See for yourselves....

http://bluejayunderground.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=787&sid=9b9042feb6eebfd859741894572b983d

My favorite is the "NIT Here we come" thread...with these post

I see us losing to Long Beach, @SIU, and a friday or saturday loss in Arch Madness and getting a 1 seed in the NIT.
So disappointing.

We're really lucky that we won some of those close games earlier in the season or we would be on the bubble for the NIT, meaning a possible CBI berth. There was like 10 games that could have gone either way with a couple minutes left this season and we won all but about 2 of them.

Yeah and I saw a team with below average guard play whose guards are strictly spot up shooters. I saw a team that plays terrible defense. I saw a team that was shooting the lights out of it every single game. Its pretty obvious that a team can't sustain that level of shooting the entire season, especially when guys are low on confidence and revert to standing around. Lots of games left? I count 4 in the regular season. We are on the home stretch and are seriously limping to the finish line.

WSU might be better than we are but they shouldn't beat us by 20. Getting beat like that, at home, is evidence of giving up, playing soft and not fighting.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jegbomb52 » February 12th, 2012, 7:24 am

welcome to the annual event that is known as the mcdermont february flop...
jegbomb52
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball