Evansville at Drake (7:05) - ESPNU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville at Drake (7:05) - ESPNU

Postby DUBulldog » February 12th, 2012, 10:04 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:Forgot to mention.....UE sure does love to flop. I've heard other MVC teams accused of it, but I've never seen anything like tonight's flop-a-thon. If UE focused as much on good solid defense, they'd be better off. They were even flopping on offense.....I'm talking to you Colt Ryan.

While you were watching us flop, by chance, did you observe the body checks to Colt Ryan as he tried to get free, or was that not obvious :Bam:

Just part of the game. :Cheers:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ace Dad » February 12th, 2012, 10:15 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:Forgot to mention.....UE sure does love to flop. I've heard other MVC teams accused of it, but I've never seen anything like tonight's flop-a-thon. If UE focused as much on good solid defense, they'd be better off. They were even flopping on offense.....I'm talking to you Colt Ryan.

While you were watching us flop, by chance, did you observe the body checks to Colt Ryan as he tried to get free, or was that not obvious :Bam:

Just part of the game. :Cheers:

Just....like....flops.

Congratulations. I will buy the beer in St Louis......................on Friday night ;)
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » February 12th, 2012, 10:17 pm

bryce wrote:
uniftw wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:That is right IF. They do not own the tiebreaker right now.

Yep...and UNI currently holds the tie break over ISUb, Drake, SIU, Bradley (second game pending but won't matter), and ISUr.

UNI won't be a Thursday team unless they win at least two games the rest of the season.

If UE wins over uni and splits the next 2 games after they will own the tie breaker over uni. Unless they do this they will be playng Thursday night.

Who would be playing thursday? Both UNI and UE are out of the bottom 4 as it stands right now. If either UE or UNI ends up playing on Thursday, it will be because Drake or ISUb passed them.

And for ISUb or Drake to finish ahead of UNI, they will have to rely on beating UNI in the standings by a whole game, as UNI owns tiebreaks with both teams.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » February 12th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
uniftw wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:That is right IF. They do not own the tiebreaker right now.

Yep...and UNI currently holds the tie break over ISUb, Drake, SIU, Bradley (second game pending but won't matter), and ISUr.

UNI won't be a Thursday team unless they win at least two games the rest of the season.

I like the confidence from a team that has not won a road game outside the state of Iowa since November.

We won at Drake, who cares if it was in Iowa or not, how does that make it easier? :Bam:

UNI may not even need to win another road game to stay out of Thursday anyway.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » February 12th, 2012, 11:01 pm

valleychamp wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:
uniftw wrote:That is right IF. They do not own the tiebreaker right now.

We won at Drake, who cares if it was in Iowa or not, how does that make it easier? :Bam:

UNI may not even need to win another road game to stay out of Thursday anyway.

UNI has not secured anything so please cool it with the overconfidence. If we don't win in evansville on wednesday, we are still staring down Thursday night hard. Considering we never play well in Evansville, we better be prepared to play our best, I certainly don't expect a repeat of the Aces from tonight.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bluejays89 » February 12th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Drakey wrote:Drake easily has the top 3 talent in the Valley. For some odd reason the Bulldogs started pushing the ball upcourt tonight, which they never are allowed to do, and Phelps didn't stop them. I think maybe it happened too fast for him to realize what was going on. If Drake had been allowed to play this way all season they would be second in the Valley, but unfortunately they have lost to teams with inferior talent all season long.

WSU and Creighton have more talent than Drake, sorry.
bluejays89
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby valleychamp » February 12th, 2012, 11:14 pm

Overconfidence? I am not confident in anything. I am just stating the facts of the matter, and as it stands right now the fact is that Drake and ISUb have to catch Evansville and UNI.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » February 12th, 2012, 11:24 pm

valleychamp wrote:Overconfidence? I am not confident in anything. I am just stating the facts of the matter, and as it stands right now the fact is that Drake and ISUb have to catch Evansville and UNI.

Drake is currently tied with UNI and UE, and a game ahead of ISUb. I know that UNI has beaten DU twice and DU has beaten UE twice.....what has happened in the head-to-head between UNI and UE?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby valleychamp » February 12th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Evansville won the first matchup, and we play again on Wed, so that could potentially be a big game when its all sorted out.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bryce » February 12th, 2012, 11:40 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Overconfidence? I am not confident in anything. I am just stating the facts of the matter, and as it stands right now the fact is that Drake and ISUb have to catch Evansville and UNI.

Drake is currently tied with UNI and UE, and a game ahead of ISUb. I know that UNI has beaten DU twice and DU has beaten UE twice.....what has happened in the head-to-head between UNI and UE?

UE won at UNI, if UE beats them next game and also wins against Mo State at home they would finish at worse 9-9 and have the tiebreaker with UNI. ISUB holds the tiebreaker against UE.
bryce
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball