Post Season Award Projections

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Post Season Award Projections

Postby PantherSigEp » February 15th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Aargh wrote:Stutz with another 20 -point double-double. Including 4/4 from 3 when the game was still on the line.

I believe Stutz leads the Valley in double-doubles.

McDermott's stats are fading a bit, while Stutz stats are improving. "What have you done for me lately" is a factor in the voting. Stutz peaking while McD is fading (just a bit) is probably moving Stutz up in the voting and McD down in the voting.

I think it's going to come down to how CU, WSU, McD, and Stutz do in St. Louis. It's that close right now.

It is certainly getting harder and harder to argue against Stutz.

Also, Seth Tuttle had another nice game in response to Nic Moore's solid play last night. Both had a team high 16 pts in their losses.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby getreal4 » February 15th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Stutz :+1:
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleychamp » February 15th, 2012, 9:58 pm

Aargh wrote:Stutz with another 20 -point double-double. Including 4/4 from 3 when the game was still on the line.

I believe Stutz leads the Valley in double-doubles.

McDermott's stats are fading a bit, while Stutz stats are improving. "What have you done for me lately" is a factor in the voting. Stutz peaking while McD is fading (just a bit) is probably moving Stutz up in the voting and McD down in the voting.

I think it's going to come down to how CU, WSU, McD, and Stutz do in St. Louis. It's that close right now.

The player of the year is already voted on, and awarded during the tournament in STL, if I am not mistaken.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » February 15th, 2012, 10:00 pm

I've got to mention Ben Smith for all-defensive team. He shut down McD and Weems in back-to-back games at nut-cuttin' time. I don't think there's anyone else in the league who shut both those guys down. They still get some numbers when they're shut down, but Smith really made them struggle for what they got.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » February 15th, 2012, 10:03 pm

Don't know how all this will fall out bit here's some food for thought:

Echineque was the best big on the floor last Saturday...by a lot. Stutz HATED getting beat around by someone stronger and it showed. So what, does that make him better than Stutz? One game doesn't mean shat. Stutz has had a much better season. WSU was way better that night. They lost at home to CU earlier. What does any of that mean for the future?

CU had a very bad stretch and it happened at the wrong time. Unfortunate. Looking forward to the Lou.

McDermott may be the first all-american from the MVC not to win POY. He won't be first team but he'll be 2nd or 3rd. That will look odd.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball