Post Season Award Projections

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Post Season Award Projections

Postby cpacmel » February 13th, 2012, 8:35 pm

beatingrillz wrote:. Since the voting is based on league numbers only I think Stutz gets the nod over McD.

I don't think everyone who votes looks at LEAGUE NUMBERS only.
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » February 13th, 2012, 8:42 pm

If those who vote watched the WSU/CU game, they watched McD give up more points than he scored. His D was non-existent. Ben Smith absolutely owned him.

At this point, I'm not going to predict who wins the PoY, but if WSU holds on to a 2-game lead, that could influence a lot of voters. There are a few CU fans who won't accept any player other than McD for consideration for PoY, but all the first team players will be in the discussion and get consideration.

Some voters will have the thought that the PoY DOESN'T LET his team go on a 3-game skid at a critical point in the season.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » February 13th, 2012, 8:54 pm

bleach wrote:I guess I understand why kids don't practice defense. If Doug is a shoe-in, defense must not matter. Any defensive unit that doesn't include Pickens is wrong at best (Smith too).

Great point and post.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby FeartheQ » February 13th, 2012, 9:18 pm

I'd probably take Stutz over McDermott this year for POY. At least Weems could guard McD. We had no answer for Stutz at all.

Note: Pickens should be very close to defensive team... dude is crazy.. who has more charges than this guy :)
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby redrooster » February 13th, 2012, 10:05 pm

1st Team
Stutz
McDermott
Weems
Ryan
Ragland

2nd Team
Carmicheal
Simmons
Rice
Brown(Ill St.)
Odum
redrooster
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby TNMSUFAN » February 14th, 2012, 8:20 am

Downing or Gulley before Biz for MO State. Downing will challenge for Newcomer of year and both should be on the All-Newcomer team.

Ben Smith and Pick on the defensive team for sure
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TrueBlueJay » February 14th, 2012, 10:00 am

Aargh wrote:If those who vote watched the WSU/CU game, they watched McD give up more points than he scored. His D was non-existent. Ben Smith absolutely owned him.

At this point, I'm not going to predict who wins the PoY, but if WSU holds on to a 2-game lead, that could influence a lot of voters. There are a few CU fans who won't accept any player other than McD for consideration for PoY, but all the first team players will be in the discussion and get consideration.

Some voters will have the thought that the PoY DOESN'T LET his team go on a 3-game skid at a critical point in the season.

You don't have to predict...but if you had a vote you vote for....
TrueBlueJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ShockValue » February 14th, 2012, 10:43 am

Aargh, we can argue against McD based on the game Saturday but we sure can't use the same game in support of Stutz. Over the course of the season it's hard to vote against McD.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdmanBB » February 14th, 2012, 10:47 am

If the redbirds can pull off a 3rd place finish then I am thinking there will probably be room on that 1st team for Jackie Carmichael.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » February 15th, 2012, 9:20 pm

Stutz with another 20 -point double-double. Including 4/4 from 3 when the game was still on the line.

I believe Stutz leads the Valley in double-doubles.

McDermott's stats are fading a bit, while Stutz stats are improving. "What have you done for me lately" is a factor in the voting. Stutz peaking while McD is fading (just a bit) is probably moving Stutz up in the voting and McD down in the voting.

I think it's going to come down to how CU, WSU, McD, and Stutz do in St. Louis. It's that close right now.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball