OkoboJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Re: MVC - Predicted order of finish

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GarH » August 14th, 2010, 2:38 pm

1-3 WSU, MSU, UNI order unkown, but since I'm a WSU fan I'll pick WSU first but understand why MSU and UNI would pick their team first.
4-5 CU and ISU red in any order.
6-8 DU, BU, and ISU blue in any order
9-10 UE and SIU in any order

Either of the 4-5 teams is capable of finishing 1-3, but that's just the way I break it down.
GarH
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Fred Jones » August 16th, 2010, 8:47 pm

dgreenwell3 wrote:WSU- I am not sure about this team....no ball handler.... no pg in the valley is ever a good thing....
UNI- They are still damn good...
Bradley- I am not sure....I really like maniscalco I just dont think the rest of their team is very good....
Indy State- Underrated...over the past few years many have underrated high talents that went there just because they went to Indy State.
Creighton- I like the post play
ISU red
Mo State
SIU
UE
Drake

Did you not see Demetric Williams in the MVC tourney? Not to mention Hatch could step up at any time
Fred Jones
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby 45otseoj » August 16th, 2010, 10:32 pm

Fred Jones wrote:
dgreenwell3 wrote:WSU- I am not sure about this team....no ball handler.... no pg in the valley is ever a good thing....
UNI- They are still damn good...
Bradley- I am not sure....I really like maniscalco I just dont think the rest of their team is very good....
Indy State- Underrated...over the past few years many have underrated high talents that went there just because they went to Indy State.
Creighton- I like the post play
ISU red
Mo State
SIU
UE
Drake

Did you not see Demetric Williams in the MVC tourney? Not to mention Hatch could step up at any time

Ragland?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MikeShox » August 17th, 2010, 6:44 am

I suspect that what you're saying is that if an opinion is not the same as yours, it's biased and totally wrong. Correct?
MikeShox
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby xsaluki » August 17th, 2010, 11:16 am

WSU
UNI
Drake
MSU
CU
ISU red
Bradley
SIU
ISU blue
Evansville
xsaluki
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby valleychamp » August 17th, 2010, 3:42 pm

1. WSU- They have the most experience coming back by far. If the JUCO PG plays decent at all, they should win the leauge. Only question is, can they handle the pressure of being the favorite? Huge early season chances to make a name for themselves early in the season in Maui. They should win win the league by 2-3 games.

2. UNI- Lost some really great players, including the MVC POY. But still return a ton of experience, and still have a very strong starting 5. And the defense is always going to be an equalizer with Jake.

3. BU- Bradley finishes above 5th for the first time in 200 years. Very strong starting 5 with good experience coming back. Good senior leader with Maniscalco coming back.

4. MSU- Good young team last year with good athletes. Should be a very tough team this year. Lost of returning talent, and maturing under Martin.

5. CU- Not really feeling the love for CU. I don't think they have the talent of the top 4 teams. Not to mention the coaching change. McDermott was a downright terrible coach at Iowa state, and couldn't even earn a single postseason berth in any tournament during his tenure at ISU, while coaching several NBA players. Though their transfer post player could be good, and they will squeek into the top 5.

6. ISU blue- Shouldn't be too tough of a transition to the new coach, and some quality talent returning of an overachieving team last year. Jake Kelley is a big piece of the puzzle so hopefully he will be back at fulls stregth.

7. Drake- Could be a quality team. But definitely too young.

8. ISU red- Not much returning. Good young players though. Cupcake schedule. Same old story.

9. SIU- Too many JUCOs. Terrible coach...

10- Evansville- 'nuff said.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 17th, 2010, 3:52 pm

I see ValleyChamps prediction being true...
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby Snapshot9 » August 17th, 2010, 3:58 pm

I agree with Valleychamp also, and that Juco PG, Joe Ragland, is a first team All Juco American, and got small POY during the tournament. I have watched him in pickup games,and he can play, the kid is a baller.
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » August 17th, 2010, 7:48 pm

bigdawg wrote:
MikeShox wrote:I suspect that what you're saying is that if an opinion is not the same as yours, it's biased and totally wrong. Correct?

how cool Is it to get a lecture on opinion and bias from a shox fan?

Didn't you quit SalukiTalk because of your overzealousness and you getting "too wrapped into it"? What gives here?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball