MVC - Predicted order of finish

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC - Predicted order of finish

Postby Snaggletooth » August 22nd, 2010, 12:48 pm

dgreenwell3 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:
dgreenwell3 wrote:WSU- I am not sure about this team....no ball handler.... no pg in the valley is ever a good thing....
UNI- They are still damn good...
Bradley- I am not sure....I really like maniscalco I just dont think the rest of their team is very good....
Indy State- Underrated...over the past few years many have underrated high talents that went there just because they went to Indy State.
Creighton- I like the post play
ISU red
Mo State
SIU
UE
Drake

Keen observation, Greenwell. The Shockers are desperate for a point guard.

And I am the one told he goes around picking fights.....nice maturity fat ass lol

You know what they say about people who laugh at their own jokes don't you?

RDR probably been called many things, but I don't think "fat ass" is one of them.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Little Eddie » August 22nd, 2010, 3:49 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Please translate the first portion of your sentence.

I understand the last portion.

Try to refrain from personal attacks. It is not becoming.

I'll agree w/ this...personal attacks/name calling are not welcome. There are better ways to address this...I would have done so by simply stating that despite the fact that I think WSU will have PG issues, I did pick them to win it all (which is what you did Greenwell). I, myself, am unsure of WSU PG strength, yet I chose them to be first in my prediction on the first page of this thread. I think it's the sort of thing you can overcome if you have enough talent at other positions...
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby 45otseoj » August 22nd, 2010, 4:40 pm

Little Eddie wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

I'll agree w/ this...personal attacks/name calling are not welcome. There are better ways to address this...I would have done so by simply stating that despite the fact that I think WSU will have PG issues, I did pick them to win it all (which is what you did Greenwell). I, myself, am unsure of WSU PG strength, yet I chose them to be first in my prediction on the first page of this thread. I think it's the sort of thing you can overcome if you have enough talent at other positions...

WSU will have the best PG combo in the league.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » August 22nd, 2010, 7:23 pm

There is no way Creighton wins the MVC, IMO.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » August 22nd, 2010, 7:37 pm

valleychamp wrote:There is no way Creighton wins the MVC, IMO.

Typically strong guard/swing play is what wins the Valley. So I agree with you. Plus, I think there are some bigs in the Valley that will neutralize Echenique and Lawson. At least enough to where they won't dominate.

I'm not dismissing the fact that they may end up being 2 of the better bigs in the league...just don't think that is what would bring a Valley championship to Creighton.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » August 22nd, 2010, 10:05 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:
valleychamp wrote:There is no way Creighton wins the MVC, IMO.

Typically strong guard/swing play is what wins the Valley. So I agree with you. Plus, I think there are some bigs in the Valley that will neutralize Echenique and Lawson. At least enough to where they won't dominate.

I'm not dismissing the fact that they may end up being 2 of the better bigs in the league...just don't think that is what would bring a Valley championship to Creighton.

Shox have alot of fouls to neutralized CU with Stutz, Durley, and Blair. CU can't match WSU's guards.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Little Eddie » August 23rd, 2010, 5:18 am

45otseoj wrote:
Little Eddie wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

WSU will have the best PG combo in the league.

I'll admit to being uninformed about WSU's PGs...all I know is that they lost their senior PG...they have a now soph PG coming back along w/ a newcomer that I don't know anything about. I think the two Jake's at ISU may have something to say about being the best PG combo in the league (Kelley and Odum that is).
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby SubGod22 » August 23rd, 2010, 6:59 am

Williams (SO) showed a lot over the last month or so of the season and some believed he was out playing Hannah in some aspects. Not sure he can fill Hannah's leadership role, but he doesn't have to. He's quicker, faster and stronger than Hannah. Plays better defense and his decision making has greatly improved along with his ability to create for himself and others. I'm not too worried. Also, he shoots the ball quite well.

The new guy, Ragland, was a 1st team JUCO All-American which has some people excited. He's also faster, quicker and stronger than Hannah and shoots very well from deep. Those who've seen him play like very much what he brings to the table and I've heard some say he's a natural leader. I understand you can never be too sure about JUCO guys until they play but I for one am not worried.

Add to that the capable play of Murry, Hatch and Kyles who are capable of running the point if needed and that isn't a concern whatsoever amongst Wichita State fans.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Little Eddie » August 23rd, 2010, 7:32 am

SubGod22 wrote:Williams (SO) showed a lot over the last month or so of the season and some believed he was out playing Hannah in some aspects. Not sure he can fill Hannah's leadership role, but he doesn't have to. He's quicker, faster and stronger than Hannah. Plays better defense and his decision making has greatly improved along with his ability to create for himself and others. I'm not too worried. Also, he shoots the ball quite well.

The new guy, Ragland, was a 1st team JUCO All-American which has some people excited. He's also faster, quicker and stronger than Hannah and shoots very well from deep. Those who've seen him play like very much what he brings to the table and I've heard some say he's a natural leader. I understand you can never be too sure about JUCO guys until they play but I for one am not worried.

Add to that the capable play of Murry, Hatch and Kyles who are capable of running the point if needed and that isn't a concern whatsoever amongst Wichita State fans.

Definitely sounds good the way you describe them...no matter how you slice it, I think it's gonna be a fun year in the Valley...but I do think there will be parody which may, in turn, hurt the conference during the regular season. The key will be for the Valley to do damage during non-con games...otherwise we'll be screwed again in terms of at large chances.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby 45otseoj » August 23rd, 2010, 8:00 pm

Little Eddie wrote:I think the two Jake's at ISU may have something to say about being the best PG combo in the league (Kelley and Odum that is).

I'll take DW and a JUCO All-American over a redshirt freshman and a 6'6 kid with a bad knee. That may just be me though...
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball