musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: MVC - Predicted order of finish

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Indy Blue » August 4th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Maybe I know know why I have avoided sites like Valley Talk in the past. If it wasn't for Little Eddie, someone I trust and respect, I wouldn't have even taken a look here. Stating what SHOULD be obvious, everyone HOMERS their home team, states the facts as THEY see it, not the real facts, and the favorites pretty much reflect what has gone on over the years in the Valley.

I will always put Creighton near the top because they have proven to me year after year, that they deserve to be there (and Eddie likes them too). Beyond them, this league is pretty much a crap shoot. To put our Trees near last, shows your bias outweighs your intelligence. We will be better, new coach or not, and I won't go much further than that. I am NOT a homer. Just knowledgeable enough to know that. This league will be tough and road wins be hard to get no matter where you play.

I'll check in from time to time and support our fans and my alma mater from this Valley bias but for now, conference blog sites are generally a waste of time. If you really want to be a homer, go ahead and be one. We have enough fires to put out on our own site. If someone makes an HONEST, unbiased opinion, please alert me. I don't know that much about basketball, really I don't, but I do know a ridiculous opinion when I read one and there are already a bunch of them on here and I only arrived here 30 minutes ago.
Last edited by Indy Blue on August 4th, 2010, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indy Blue
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby musiccitybulldog » August 4th, 2010, 4:42 pm

Indy Blue wrote:Maybe I know know why I have avoided sites like Valley Talk in the past. If it wasn't for Little Eddie, someone I trust and respect, I wouldn't have even taken a look here. Stating what SHOULD be obvious, everyone HOMERS their home team, states the facts as THEY see it, not the real facts, and the favorites pretty much reflect what has gone on over the years in the Valley.

I will always put Creighton near the top because they have proven to me year after year, that they deserve to be there (and Eddie likes them too). Beyond them, this league is pretty much a crap shoot. To put our Trees near last, shows your bias outweighs your intelligence. We will be better, new coach or not, and I won't go much further than that. I am NOT a homer. Just knowledgeable enough to know that. This league will be tough and road wins be hard to get no matter where you play.

I'll check in from time to time and support our fans and my alma mater from this Valley bias but for now, conference blog sites are generally a waste of time. If you really want to be a homer, go ahead and be one. We have enough fires to put out on our own site. If someone makes an HONEST, unbiased opinion, please alert me. I don't know that much about basketball, really I don't, but I do know a ridiculous opinion when I read one and there are already a bunch of them on here and I only arrived here 30 minutes ago.

I hope you weren't refering to me as a "Homer". This is my unbiased pick. I did this 3 years ago and picked Drake on top and Ill State 2nd and I was 100% right all the way down the list.
About 30 years ago I made such a pick and won two theater tickets for my accuracy. So I am 100% on picks like this in my lifetime.

Actually I like Indiana State. I went to the game there last year and had a great time, the Hulman Center is a nice place. I visited local Museums(Clabber girl). I also spent a vacation day this summer in Terre Haute!

Cheer Up, it is all in fun. I enjoy looking at other peoples picks, biased or not.

With my 100% record at least you get a good idea what to expect this year.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 4th, 2010, 5:28 pm

sorry Music city Bulldog,
but, I was wondering what type of crack you have been smoking to put drake Second.....and ISU 9th...behind UE....To me...that's retarded..
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby Indy Blue » August 4th, 2010, 5:36 pm

Putting our Trees in 9th didn't really impress me with your hoop knowledge or research either. Redbirds may be tough so I will give you credit for that pick. As I said, I am not homer so I will just say you won't be 100% this time. Come on down to Hulman Center for the Redbird game. Even our bad teams haven't fared too badly in the last couple of years against them. Loser buys a round at the Bally. (That'll be a Coors Light, please)
Indy Blue
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Shockerfan13 » August 4th, 2010, 7:24 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:Illinois State
Drake
Creighton
Missouri State
Bradley
Wichita State
UNI
Evansville
Indiana State
Southern Illinois

LMAO

Anyway, my picks are:

WSU
Missouri St
UNI
Creighton
Bradley
Indiana St
Illinois St
Drake
SIU
Evansville
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jlandrus11 » August 4th, 2010, 7:38 pm

How can you put Drake number 2 after the season that they had last year? Indiana State will be a lot better this year, I predict we finish in the top 4.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Shockerfan13 » August 4th, 2010, 7:40 pm

jlandrus11 wrote:How can you put Drake number 2 after the season that they had last year? Indiana State will be a lot better this year, I predict we finish in the top 4.

Yeah I actually had a very hard time picking the top 6. I think any of those can finish in just about any order.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Braves4Life » August 4th, 2010, 8:03 pm

dgreenwell3 wrote:whyy all the hate Braves4life? jw.....

I actually like ISUBlue but just think with a new coach and a lot of new and untested talent that they will struggle. I think they will be a tough out in the MVC Tourney and, if the pieces all mesh together, have a chance to finish Top 5.

Regarding my pick of BU first..... Maybe I wear rose-colored glasses. I'll be the first to admit that. But I think BU returns the best talent in The Valley and with a new coaching staff to assist Les I expect BIG things. Anything les than Top 3 for BU will cost Les his job. IMO
Braves4Life
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Indy Blue » August 4th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Shockerfan, your top 6 comment is the most intelligent thing I have read on here today! Finally someone on here that GET'S IT. Just about anyone can win it this year, period. (although after further review....I doubt the Shockers will win it all)~
Indy Blue
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball