MVC - Predicted order of finish

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC - Predicted order of finish

Postby Indy Blue » August 4th, 2010, 8:47 pm

Eddie, I will take your knowledge to the bank. My basic comments are related to some of the lack of research and true basketball savvy of posters on here. Your know how--multi-tasking, taking painkillers and piloting a 747 at the SAME time is more intelligent than some of these comments on here today. Geesh, wait to the Saluki fans find this forum. Predictions are so bogus and inaccurate most of the time. These are no exceptions. If you haven't noticed, I made NONE~ (other than my Sycamores were NOT going to finish NINTH. Even a dead man should know that)~
Indy Blue
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby musiccitybulldog » August 4th, 2010, 9:05 pm

Indy Blue wrote:Putting our Trees in 9th didn't really impress me with your hoop knowledge or research either. Redbirds may be tough so I will give you credit for that pick. As I said, I am not homer so I will just say you won't be 100% this time. Come on down to Hulman Center for the Redbird game. Even our bad teams haven't fared too badly in the last couple of years against them. Loser buys a round at the Bally. (That'll be a Coors Light, please)

Mr Blue. I will buy you a round regardless of who wins, either at the Hulman Center or the MVC tourney if you go.

I made my picks based on who I thought would pull the most upsets. The teams I think will do that are Drake, Bradley and Evansville, in that order of "most upsets". So if you take those 3 out, then my top 5 are about like anyone elses.
Some of my questions for next year are: Can UNI play defense like they did last year? Does Wichita have the mental toughness to put it all together, all year long? Will SIU surprise everyone and comeback and be unbeatable at home? How will ISU red handle no "O"? It seems to me to me Mo State is really really hard to beat at home, can they take that on the road? Creighton and Bradley are always tough, so it comes down to how tough?

I usually take in some Indiana State road games or any other Valley team when they are in my area.
I guess we will see what happens. Coors Light eh? :x
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Indy Blue » August 4th, 2010, 9:25 pm

I'd say our "lowly" Sycamores have had our fair share of upsets in the past few years, no matter how good (or bad) we have been. We are not likely to win the MVC, (that WOULD be a huge upset) but all I am saying is that we ended up in the exact middle last season, lost three starters for most of the year, have some very good recruits, and have a good, (but unproven) coach. No way this team is ending up 9th. End of story. This is not a bad team. I like your attitude though and I think we'll get along just fine and I'd look forward to meeting you. As I have said multiple times on here, I don't make predictions. I don't have a crystal ball. It's been an interesting day on here. I have NEVER paid attention to Valley Talk and I have learned a big lesson today about conference blogs. You seem like a descent guy and I respect that. We will agree to disagree but we can BOTH buy each other a beer. That works for me.
Last edited by Indy Blue on August 4th, 2010, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indy Blue
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby jlandrus11 » August 4th, 2010, 9:45 pm

If the Sycamores finish 9th, I will never doubt ever again.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TNMSUFAN » August 4th, 2010, 10:15 pm

1 - WSU
2 - BU
3 - MSU
4 - UNI
5 - CU
6 - ISU (red)
7 - ISU (blue)
8 - DU
9 - SIU
10 - UE
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby hot nuts » August 5th, 2010, 9:04 am

1. MSU
2. WSU
3. UNI
4. DU
5. CU
6. ISU (red)
7. BU
8. ISU (blue)
9. UE
10. SIU
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 5th, 2010, 9:44 am

musiccitybulldog wrote:
Indy Blue wrote:Putting our Trees in 9th didn't really impress me with your hoop knowledge or research either. Redbirds may be tough so I will give you credit for that pick. As I said, I am not homer so I will just say you won't be 100% this time. Come on down to Hulman Center for the Redbird game. Even our bad teams haven't fared too badly in the last couple of years against them. Loser buys a round at the Bally. (That'll be a Coors Light, please)

Mr Blue. I will buy you a round regardless of who wins, either at the Hulman Center or the MVC tourney if you go.

I made my picks based on who I thought would pull the most upsets. The teams I think will do that are Drake, Bradley and Evansville, in that order of "most upsets". So if you take those 3 out, then my top 5 are about like anyone elses.
Some of my questions for next year are: Can UNI play defense like they did last year? Does Wichita have the mental toughness to put it all together, all year long? Will SIU surprise everyone and comeback and be unbeatable at home? How will ISU red handle no "O"? It seems to me to me Mo State is really really hard to beat at home, can they take that on the road? Creighton and Bradley are always tough, so it comes down to how tough
I usually take in some Indiana State road games or any other Valley team when they are in my area.
I guess we will see what happens. Coors Light eh? :x

UE over the Sycs tho? with Jake Kelly coming back???? Lansing has been on the staff for years so it's not exactly a brand new coach....we can still shoot....we get possibly the most underrated athlete in the MVC in Dwayne Lathan....I will take my chances...
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby 45otseoj » August 5th, 2010, 10:08 am

I've heard that Jake Kelly's rehab is progressing slower than hoped for, and he may not be ready to play this season. Any truth to that?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 5th, 2010, 10:13 am

I saw him yesterday and he was moving well...crossover was a little off...oo btw...we were playing pick up ball lol
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby BirdmanBB » August 5th, 2010, 10:21 am

I am going to go....

WSU
MSU
UNI
BU
Illinois St.
Creighton
Indiana St.
SIU
Drake
E-Ville

In all actuallity I think it will just be a battle between WSU and MSU for the most part. Then I think UNI, BU, ISU and Creighton will be fighting for spots 3-6. I have to give UNI the edge based on past success, then BU based on what they are returning. I'm feeling a little homerish about putting ISU in the 5th spot, but I don't think there is any denying the talent we have (but we are young). I think Creighton could be better, but with the coaching turnover there will be a learning curve for them, but the talent is still there. Indiana St. and SIU will be battling for 7-8. Too many losses and problems on the SIU roster for them to finish any better, but Indiana St. has the ability to improve their standing. Drake and E-Ville in the 9-10. I think Drake has done a hell of a job rectuiting as of late. Another team that could surprise a few, but I think they will make a serious leap the following season. E-Ville is just having way too many problems but they are always good for a crazy upset that could effect the 1-2 spots.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball