OkoboJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Re: MVC - Predicted order of finish

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jayball » September 8th, 2010, 1:39 pm

yeah...the crush of pressure from expectations and the nationwide spotlight for the MVC preseason pick could be too much.

what if some writer in Maui spells Gregg with one G. The whole season could unravel.

Or the Valley could send clock operators to WSU games so they can implement their conspiracy against the Shocks.

Even if they avoid both of those, I predict that WSU will dominate the noncon until they fall apart for the patented WSU midseason nose dive.

Happens every year.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » September 8th, 2010, 2:12 pm

jayball wrote:yeah...the crush of pressure from expectations and the nationwide spotlight for the MVC preseason pick could be too much.

what if some writer in Maui spells Gregg with one G. The whole season could unravel.

Or the Valley could send clock operators to WSU games so they can implement their conspiracy against the Shocks.

Even if they avoid both of those, I predict that WSU will dominate the noncon until they fall apart for the patented WSU midseason nose dive.

Happens every year.

Why so inflamatory? This isn't Valley Talk.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jayball » September 8th, 2010, 2:36 pm

sorry thought I used sarcasm font

My post was actually a witty compilation recap of common VT catfights and bruhahas and signature line fodder. It is kind of like putting Rambo, Rocky, Cobra, Ray Tango, and Judge Dred in the same action movie.

(PS I can call myself witty because I am an arrogant CU fan)
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » September 8th, 2010, 4:54 pm

valleychamp wrote:UNI had the benefit of being in that postion the year before, winning the MVC and making the NCAA's. Wichita State doesn't have that experience.

Obviously, UNI handled the pressure great this year, but it certainly was a different type of pressure. The spotlight was on all year long. Some teams can handle that, and some teams cannot.

UNI wasn't in the same position the year before. In 2009, they were an underdog, picked to finish in the 5th-7th range and snuck up on everybody. Again though, the head coach does have the experience of being a heavy favorite and I'm sure that will passed on down to his players.

Judging by all the preseason rags, WSU has the spotlight this year. It will be a similar pressure, not a different one. There will be a lot of teams that are picked to win leagues this year that won't win them. But just because those teams aren't named Northern Iowa doesn't mean they're gonna all automatically fail.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » September 8th, 2010, 4:56 pm

Wow, I actually agree and compliment jayball and he fires back with that shebang? If it was sarcasm, you need use those ever clever emoticons more. It's really hard to smell sarcasm over a computer screen and probably that confusion has led to 99.9% of the skirmishes we have been involved in.

Just sayin.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 8th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Sarcasm leads to return sarcasm, which leads to elevated sarcasm being fired back. That leads to feelings getting hurt, panties in wads, turf wars and eventually, diminished participation on the board.
The concensus is that we don't want this place to become Valley Talk, if that really is the case, then there is no room for this type of sarcasm here.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jayball » September 9th, 2010, 8:18 am

you seriously couldn't tell that was a joke....

jeebus boys.

I post a thoughtful (well as thoughtful as I get) analysis of WSU's team and a honest semi-critical look at the Jays. Then I post a ridiculous over top list of the stupid things that has been lobbed at WSU. And you can't see a difference? Is your fuse that short? Try not taking this stuff that seriously and be able to poke fun at yourselves.

I will try to use a bazzillion emoticons for you guys next time even when I'm being completely absurd.

MVJ your VT lectures are getting old man. We have moderators, you can let them do their job and stop whining about the old site going down and how you get blamed for ruining it and how this place isn't supposed to be VT.

You sound like an annoying old maid giving marriage and child rearing advice.
Last edited by jayball on September 9th, 2010, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » September 9th, 2010, 8:56 am

jayball wrote:You sound like an annoying old maid giving marriage and child rearing advice.

So what is the boiled water for? And why do we need all of these extra blankets anyway?

I think everyone could lighten up a bit. No need to go after MVJ, he's just being himself. And I did pick up on Jayball's sarcasm in the later post. The mods are here to keep people in check, but it is important to remember this should be fun!
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby WuDrWu » September 9th, 2010, 11:08 am

jayball wrote:yeah...the crush of pressure from expectations and the nationwide spotlight for the MVC preseason pick could be too much.

Happens every year.

Beautiful analysis earlier, and spot on here again. You just never know what will happen. You might get an uber-talented scorer smoke dope all day and be a cancer in the locker room. Somebody's coach might take another job and make an ass of himself by trying to do a stupid cheer. The rent check on the arena might bounce and all home games have to be canceled. Somebody's post man could get arrested for a OWI. Some program could run out of money.

You just never know.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball