MVC - Predicted order of finish

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC - Predicted order of finish

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 5th, 2010, 9:44 am

musiccitybulldog wrote:
Indy Blue wrote:Putting our Trees in 9th didn't really impress me with your hoop knowledge or research either. Redbirds may be tough so I will give you credit for that pick. As I said, I am not homer so I will just say you won't be 100% this time. Come on down to Hulman Center for the Redbird game. Even our bad teams haven't fared too badly in the last couple of years against them. Loser buys a round at the Bally. (That'll be a Coors Light, please)

Mr Blue. I will buy you a round regardless of who wins, either at the Hulman Center or the MVC tourney if you go.

I made my picks based on who I thought would pull the most upsets. The teams I think will do that are Drake, Bradley and Evansville, in that order of "most upsets". So if you take those 3 out, then my top 5 are about like anyone elses.
Some of my questions for next year are: Can UNI play defense like they did last year? Does Wichita have the mental toughness to put it all together, all year long? Will SIU surprise everyone and comeback and be unbeatable at home? How will ISU red handle no "O"? It seems to me to me Mo State is really really hard to beat at home, can they take that on the road? Creighton and Bradley are always tough, so it comes down to how tough
I usually take in some Indiana State road games or any other Valley team when they are in my area.
I guess we will see what happens. Coors Light eh? :x

UE over the Sycs tho? with Jake Kelly coming back???? Lansing has been on the staff for years so it's not exactly a brand new coach....we can still shoot....we get possibly the most underrated athlete in the MVC in Dwayne Lathan....I will take my chances...
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 45otseoj » August 5th, 2010, 10:08 am

I've heard that Jake Kelly's rehab is progressing slower than hoped for, and he may not be ready to play this season. Any truth to that?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 5th, 2010, 10:13 am

I saw him yesterday and he was moving well...crossover was a little off...oo btw...we were playing pick up ball lol
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby BirdmanBB » August 5th, 2010, 10:21 am

I am going to go....

WSU
MSU
UNI
BU
Illinois St.
Creighton
Indiana St.
SIU
Drake
E-Ville

In all actuallity I think it will just be a battle between WSU and MSU for the most part. Then I think UNI, BU, ISU and Creighton will be fighting for spots 3-6. I have to give UNI the edge based on past success, then BU based on what they are returning. I'm feeling a little homerish about putting ISU in the 5th spot, but I don't think there is any denying the talent we have (but we are young). I think Creighton could be better, but with the coaching turnover there will be a learning curve for them, but the talent is still there. Indiana St. and SIU will be battling for 7-8. Too many losses and problems on the SIU roster for them to finish any better, but Indiana St. has the ability to improve their standing. Drake and E-Ville in the 9-10. I think Drake has done a hell of a job rectuiting as of late. Another team that could surprise a few, but I think they will make a serious leap the following season. E-Ville is just having way too many problems but they are always good for a crazy upset that could effect the 1-2 spots.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » August 5th, 2010, 11:45 am

Unless BU shows any sort of inside game I can't envision them in the top half of the conference. I see Illinois State and BU battlinig it out to avoid thursday night in St. Louis. That's the kind of prize that keeps this rivalry so red hot!
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Altheexpert » August 5th, 2010, 2:35 pm

1. WSU
2. Creight
3. In State
4. UNI
5. Brad
6. Il State
7. MSU
8. SIU
9. Eville
10. Drake
Altheexpert
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby RoyalShock » August 5th, 2010, 2:54 pm

1 - WSU
2 - CU
3 - MSU
4 - BU
5 - UNI
6 - ILSU
7 - INSU
8 - UE
9 - SIU
10 - DU

Honestly, I feel good about WSU at 1, but 2-4 are toss-ups (and not that far behind WSU), as are 5-7 and 8-10.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby ShockTalk » August 5th, 2010, 10:26 pm

1 - WSU
2 - MSU
3 - CU
4 - IN St
5 - BU
6 - UNI
7 - IL St
8 - SIU
9 - DU
10 - UE

WSU played with 10 schollies last year. We lost our PG/leader and one other who played the least minutes and lowest scoring of those 10. Added: 1st team Juco A-A PG and a Juco 3-man who both set overall scoring record at their schools, 2 red-shirt freshmen, and a 3 year eligible 7' Juco (project). Experience and depth. MSU probably lost the least of any Valley school and were very close to becoming a contender last year. I have a tough time putting CU at 3rd and they could just as easily be second division. IN St may be again the surprise of the Valley, however, it won't be as big of one this year. Until BU can prove they belong there, I can't put them higher. UNI and IL St 6 and 7??? Just doesn't look right and wouldn't be surprised if they did better. They just lost an awful lot of scoring, minutes, and leadership. Sorry to whomever, but the bottom 3 are having a lot of problems to deal with.

The big question to all this is the impact of new players. There may also be little separating the top 7 teams.
ShockTalk
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Indiana Jones » August 6th, 2010, 3:54 am

First, thanks little eddie to inform us of this site, and hopefully it
wili not turn into VT :lol:

My order, as it really matters :roll:

Indy State, hey gotta go with the home team ;)
E'ville, just because they too are from Indy :shock:
WSU
Illy state
NIU
BU
CU
MSU
SIU
DU
I know it's all Bull Nugggets, but it's 4 am :o
Indiana Jones
MVC Walk On