3 - MSU
4 - BU
5 - UNI
6 - ILSU
7 - INSU
8 - UE
9 - SIU
10 - DU

Honestly, I feel good about WSU at 1, but 2-4 are toss-ups (and not that far behind WSU), as are 5-7 and 8-10.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Re: MVC - Predicted order of finish

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ShockTalk » August 5th, 2010, 10:26 pm

1 - WSU
2 - MSU
3 - CU
4 - IN St
5 - BU
6 - UNI
7 - IL St
8 - SIU
9 - DU
10 - UE

WSU played with 10 schollies last year. We lost our PG/leader and one other who played the least minutes and lowest scoring of those 10. Added: 1st team Juco A-A PG and a Juco 3-man who both set overall scoring record at their schools, 2 red-shirt freshmen, and a 3 year eligible 7' Juco (project). Experience and depth. MSU probably lost the least of any Valley school and were very close to becoming a contender last year. I have a tough time putting CU at 3rd and they could just as easily be second division. IN St may be again the surprise of the Valley, however, it won't be as big of one this year. Until BU can prove they belong there, I can't put them higher. UNI and IL St 6 and 7??? Just doesn't look right and wouldn't be surprised if they did better. They just lost an awful lot of scoring, minutes, and leadership. Sorry to whomever, but the bottom 3 are having a lot of problems to deal with.

The big question to all this is the impact of new players. There may also be little separating the top 7 teams.
ShockTalk
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Indiana Jones » August 6th, 2010, 3:54 am

First, thanks little eddie to inform us of this site, and hopefully it
wili not turn into VT :lol:

My order, as it really matters :roll:

Indy State, hey gotta go with the home team ;)
E'ville, just because they too are from Indy :shock:
WSU
Illy state
NIU
BU
CU
MSU
SIU
DU
I know it's all Bull Nugggets, but it's 4 am :o
Indiana Jones
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby tribecalledquest » August 6th, 2010, 9:24 am

No one will remember this but here goes:

CU
WSU
UNI
Bradley
Mo State
Redbirds
ISU Blue
Drake
SIU
Evansville
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » August 6th, 2010, 9:26 am

Remember what?
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » August 6th, 2010, 9:43 am

hot nuts wrote:Remember what?

Who I picked to win the MVC on August 6, 2010 :)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » August 6th, 2010, 9:51 am

This is a really tough year to predict. Not trying to be a homer, but I would have a hard time picking Drake 8th or below as most have done. do you people really remember what evrybody else is returning? I know i don't, and can't even make a reasonable guess untill i review the preseason publications. I do seem to recall that there may be an inordinate amount of returning starters around the conference this year.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » August 6th, 2010, 11:37 am

I think this is the hardest year to predict in a long, long time. Outside of picking WSU first, I really believe things are completely up in the air. That being said, here is what I would guess, along with a few comments:

1. WSU- return a lot of talent. Loss of PG will probably have a greater impact than many imagine.

2. MSU - ended the season well and returns good talent. A lot of positive momentum.

3. CU - cancers excised; best front court; guard play a concern though. Uncertainty of offensive style by new coach a major concern. Defense was abysmal last year.

4. BU - good guards, but no rebounding and no inside presence. Can they handle the bigs of WSU, SIU, CU, ISU, etc.? If the shooters aren't hot, BU could really struggle.

----- break -----after this its gets really hard to slot teams -----------

5. Illinois St - ranked this high solely because of Carmichael. ISU loses both the best offensive player and best defensive player/rebounder in the conference, plus their PG. Those are devastating losses and ISU could easily end up much lower. (The real question is how they didn't end up higher last year).

6. UNI - good coaching, but also loses a ton of talent/leadership in Faroukmanesh, Egleseder, and Koch. If O'Rear doesn't come back, they are dangerously close to the precipice. Younger Koch must excel early and Ahlegbe must be a more consistent scorer for success.

7. Indy St - some young talent; uncertainty with coaching change.

8. Drake- the good: recruiting and young talent. the bad: no evidence that the coach knows how to utilize it.

9. SIU - may end up higher, but with all the losses and unknown JUCO recruits, I honestly just don't know what to expect. Teague is a beast though.

10. UE - Some bad MOJO going on in Evansville. More and more player defections not a good sign. I thought Marty would be the guy to turn it around there, but I'm now questioning that position.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » August 6th, 2010, 9:59 pm

going to group the teams w/o any explanation

1-3 WSU MSU UE

4-6 BU CU SIU

7-10 DU ISU(R&B) UNI

Lots of you will say homer call but it's what I see

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
ACES