MVC - Predicted order of finish

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC - Predicted order of finish

Postby MoValley John » August 24th, 2010, 2:10 pm

SubGod22 wrote:MVJ, that's mostly done in fun and because we worked so long and hard to get him out of Africa. He's an athlete that we hope develops into a difference maker and just about every Shocker fan would tell you pretty much the same thing. Nobody is saying he's going to step in and lead us to the Valley title.

We've been following Ehimen for a few years now and a lot of that was done in jest and frustration. He could very well develop into a dominate force, who knows. But nobody is claiming anything that far out with Ehimen. Unlike CU fans and the Rutgers reject. He's not the first BcS talent to transfer into the Valley.

But I don't see Creighton fans claiming anything other than being excited about having a post presence. The comment you made was over the top and baiting. This is supposed to be a board where that doesn't take place. In fact, you bashed Valley Talk for that stuff, but here you are doing exactly that. As for what LJay or any Creighton fans are saying about Eschenhoweveryouspellhisname, sure, he is from Rutgers and the Big Least. Sure, he was a promising player, hardly a reject, but I don't think anyone has said anything remotely to the level of claiming he will be the best post player since the advent of the three point line. I don't even know if they are claiming Eschenhoweveryouspellhisname to be All Valley. All I have seen, and that includes the local media that covers Creighton, is excitement that Creighton finally has a post presence, any presence. My guess is that the guy will be good, I would be hesitant to label anyone great that I haven't seen play in this league. I simply think that LJay feels the same way, glad that Creighton will have two post players and that with the addition by subtraction of Stinnett, the Bluejays will be better this year. I think he has some very valid points.

As a caveat, I have not read Matty P's board since The Altman McDermott coaching change. In general, I never read his drivel and only did then because of the Altman to Oregon, McDermott to Creighton, Lil' McDermott to Creighton and UNI fans pissed as hell, saga. That was some great reading! So if your point is based on something you read on the BJC where LJay was making Eschenhoweveryouspellhisname to be All World, then have at it!
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdmanBB » August 24th, 2010, 3:04 pm

Threloff
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » August 24th, 2010, 3:19 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:Threloff

I thought he was going to Bradley. At least Tornado had video of him and said he was on the short list for the Braves. Well if he didn't go to Bradley and instead went to Illinois State, it was either grades or the fact that Bradley is loaded with superior posts and Therloff's only hopes of ever playing would be to take an inferior offer at Illinois State.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » August 24th, 2010, 4:31 pm

MoValley John wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:Threloff

I thought he was going to Bradley. At least Tornado had video of him and said he was on the short list for the Braves. Well if he didn't go to Bradley and instead went to Illinois State, it was either grades or the fact that Bradley is loaded with superior posts and Therloff's only hopes of ever playing would be to take an inferior offer at Illinois State.

Bradley wasn't in his top 3. He has alot of potential, but I doubt he will be a major contributor this season. I expect that in two years Carmichael moves to the 4 and Thre (pronounced tree) moves to the 5.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » August 24th, 2010, 7:59 pm

Are you sure you aren't a Creighton fan MVJ? ;)
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » August 24th, 2010, 9:24 pm

MoValley John wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:Do they have anyone that can feed the post? I like the potential that Young has, but he has to continue to get better with ballhandling/decision making if CU is going to be able to take advantage of the greatest post player to step foot in the Valley in 20 years...

I have no idea if the Rutgers cast off will be any good. He may very well be able to hold his own, or he may be a decent role player or a flop. I don't really care. I don't see him leading them to great successes this year. With or without him I expect them to be in the middle of the standings.

I thought Orukpe was the greatest post player to step foot in the Valley in 20 years...

At least that is what you are lead to believe if you read Shockernet and the 130+ page thread with more than 2,000 posts. Over on Shockernet you have grown men drooling about seeing a guy without a shirt on.
http://shockernet.net/sn/viewtopic.php? ... ght=orukpe

Well, hold your applause for awhile. I have seen him play.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » August 24th, 2010, 10:33 pm

WSUbballer wrote:Are you sure you aren't a Creighton fan MVJ? ;)

I've only done two things and I think you know what they are. First, I explained why the Valley is a guard dominated league- because there aren't enough bigs to go around, and second, I was simply pointing out to Mr SubGod, that he was doing a little uncalled for baiting. You and I both know that SubGod loved to mix it up on the old Valley Talk. It wasn't until he lost a few rounds that he picked up his ball and went home. He has since derided anything about the old board and how people baited and got into pissing wars. But suddenly SubGod is on the new board doing just that. Nowhere did LJay say Eschenhoweveryouspellhisname was going to be the best post in the league, much less all conference, and much, much less "the greatest post player to step foot in the Valley in 20 years" But good old SubGod, who has even derided both you and I for getting into these types of pissing matches, throws out the hook! I'm just pointing out the irony.

Also, I have yet to badmouth anyone on the new board; I'm keeping it real and on topic. I will point out hypocricy when I see it, though.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sptah » August 25th, 2010, 12:38 pm

CU first! After Greg Echenque becomes eligible (around Christmas) no one will be safe. He is big, talented, and will be a defensive player along with tough rebounder. Also his active participation will allow last year's fill-in for Kenny Lawson. Wayne Runnels, to play his natural position. In waiting are two new big men who can play right now but are supposedly to be red-shirited, Will Artinio and Doug McDermont. Both of these players would give CU much more than might meet the eye of non-believers. Artinio was touted to be a big man 6,11 who needed to develop and thus was to get a year of sitting out. However, in watching him play in summer league he seems quite able to play at a high level right now. He is among the best ball handlers of big men I have ever seen at CU. He runs the court and has a variety of shots and moves. McDermont also seems ready to play this year but not nearly as obviously.
sptah
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby ictjay » August 25th, 2010, 3:14 pm

Good post MVJ. I'm just afraid to make a prediction simly because i don't know how Coach Mac fits in the equation. Last year was a tremendously disappointing season. The good thing is that most evryone i back along with Escheneque. I have no clue on what kind of team they will be.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » August 25th, 2010, 4:29 pm

As for the guy who landed at Rutgers and transferred over to a Valley school, I think Creighton fans should be cautious. There have been many inflated posts from many fanbases that have come back to bite people in the butt - Matt Shaw, Gal Mekel, Kenny Mannigault, P'Allen Stinnett.

Let's see how the guy who didn't like the Big East plays a game with his new team/new system/new coach first.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball