BracketBusters and 2 Teams in the top 25!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Heinro » February 19th, 2012, 12:22 am

After what was really a disappointing BracketBusters for the league this year, the top took care of business. Big wins for WSU and CU (court storming good evidently). WSU will almost certainly be ranked in the top 25, likely top 20 in both polls next week. What do you think about Creighton? Losses by Miss St., Virginia, Gonzaga, St. Marys, SDSU, UNLV, and possibly Indiana tomorrow it seems like there is a lot of room to move up. I expect MSU, Virginia, Gonzaga, and St. Marys will drop out of the polls, likely SDSU as well. WSU, Temple, New Mexico move in before CU, then is it CU's turn?

When was the last time the Valley had 2 teams in the top 25? Things are shaping up well for the Valley. WSU and CU need to win out going into St. Louis and the seeding should be special come Selection Sunday.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BracketBusters and 2 Teams in the top 25!

Postby Jet915 » February 19th, 2012, 12:29 am

SDSU and St. Mary's may drop out. If they get the same treatment Creighton did, they will probably drop out. Creighton will probably be 25 or 26.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 19th, 2012, 12:33 am

Great times for CU and Wichita. In my latest mock bracket I have Wichita State as a 5 seed and Creighton as a 6.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby getreal4 » February 19th, 2012, 9:34 am

if the Shox win out including St Louis, I think a 3 seed is realistic. And would be deserved.
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 19th, 2012, 9:50 am

Heinro wrote:After what was really a disappointing BracketBusters for the league this year, the top took care of business. Big wins for WSU and CU (court storming good evidently). WSU will almost certainly be ranked in the top 25, likely top 20 in both polls next week. What do you think about Creighton? Losses by Miss St., Virginia, Gonzaga, St. Marys, SDSU, UNLV, and possibly Indiana tomorrow it seems like there is a lot of room to move up. I expect MSU, Virginia, Gonzaga, and St. Marys will drop out of the polls, likely SDSU as well. WSU, Temple, New Mexico move in before CU, then is it CU's turn?

When was the last time the Valley had 2 teams in the top 25? Things are shaping up well for the Valley. WSU and CU need to win out going into St. Louis and the seeding should be special come Selection Sunday.

That is a pretty good question.

While I do not have any evidence, just gut feel, it seems to me that the Valley has some very fine coaches right now. I won't name names, but there are some "good heads", to use an old fashioned expression.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 19th, 2012, 11:58 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Heinro wrote:After what was really a disappointing BracketBusters for the league this year, the top took care of business. Big wins for WSU and CU (court storming good evidently). WSU will almost certainly be ranked in the top 25, likely top 20 in both polls next week. What do you think about Creighton? Losses by Miss St., Virginia, Gonzaga, St. Marys, SDSU, UNLV, and possibly Indiana tomorrow it seems like there is a lot of room to move up. I expect MSU, Virginia, Gonzaga, and St. Marys will drop out of the polls, likely SDSU as well. WSU, Temple, New Mexico move in before CU, then is it CU's turn?

While I do not have any evidence, just gut feel, it seems to me that the Valley has some very fine coaches right now. I won't name names, but there are some "good heads", to use an old fashioned expression.

I'm with Ricky. I also think the talent of the players is much better right now than it has been for about five years.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » February 19th, 2012, 12:12 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

I'm with Ricky. I also think the talent of the players is much better right now than it has been for about five years.

Losing six out of ten BB's certainly bares that out. Awesome talent.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 19th, 2012, 4:50 pm

Are you suggesting that Coach Jacobson and Coach Lusk are poor coaches? Just wondering.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » February 20th, 2012, 11:27 am

Shockers up to 19th in the coaches poll. Creighton is 27th.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » February 20th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Shockers #19 in AP poll. Creighton 26th. Would have been the first time since '83 that two MVC teams were ranked at the same time.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball