Shox @ Redbirds - 2/22

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Shox @ Redbirds - 2/22

Postby Shockerfan13 » February 22nd, 2012, 7:53 pm

Shox start off real hot shooting it and then cool off some. Very sloppy with 9 turnovers but playing good defense. Game is far from over.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shockem » February 22nd, 2012, 9:09 pm

Shox win by 13, clinch Title
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WooHoo » February 22nd, 2012, 9:13 pm

Apologies to the Creighton fans for the lack of free alcohol. :dance:
WooHoo
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby 2livewu » February 23rd, 2012, 6:45 am

Would you like to know why SOME (really just a few but still they are visible) WSU fans are asses? The Shocks just clinched the league title, without a single congratulations.

I would speculate the board admin would have fallen all over his feet starting a thread and replying over and over if say Creighton, Evansville or UNI had won.

I also realize it would be a chicken v egg argument.

But here, we get instead 50+ posts on how to break a 6 way tie.....in purely perfect Valley of even form.

Congrats to these guys, especially the seniors. That's a really quality, classy group of kids that have worked hard to get to this point. It would have been really sad to see them leave without a championship. Toure', Garrett and David, especially, deserve this.

Good luck to everyone in St. Louis.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » February 23rd, 2012, 6:58 am

2livewu wrote:Would you like to know why SOME (really just a few but still they are visible) WSU fans are asses? The Shocks just clinched the league title, without a single congratulations.

I would speculate the board admin would have fallen all over his feet starting a thread and replying over and over if say Creighton, Evansville or UNI had won.

After my son's basketball game tonight, I got home and started updating the seed scenarios. You'll see my tweet at 9:02pm (about a minute after the game ended) from my car:

MVCfans @MVCfans
Congrats to Wichita State - 2012 Missouri Valley Conference regular season champs. #MVCfans

You should also note the first sentence of my post on The MVC Report:
Final Arch Madness Seeding Probabilities
WRITTEN BY MVC CHRIS // POSTED ON FEBRUARY 22, 2012 // FEATURED
Congrats to Wichita State for winning the MVC regular season title. Here are the current league standings following games on Wednesday, Feb. 22:

Not sure what else you want.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Ali » February 23rd, 2012, 8:24 am

2livewu wrote:Would you like to know why SOME (really just a few but still they are visible) WSU fans are asses? The Shocks just clinched the league title, without a single congratulations.

I think MVCfans just proved why we think WSU fans are asses. You speak without knowing what you're talking about. and let's be honest, you don't need anyone here patting you on the back when you guys do such a nice job all by yourselves.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Haha » February 23rd, 2012, 9:09 am

Don't be a D, Ali

2livewu is being a baby...again thats 2livewu not ALL shox fans.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » February 23rd, 2012, 9:25 am

I have noticed the conspicuous lack of Shox fans boasting, taunting, "rubbing it in" or otherwise being poor winners.

That's quite a change from recent history when a team clinches a title in the regular season or wins in St. Louis.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockerengr » February 23rd, 2012, 9:43 am

I also realize it would be a chicken v egg argument.

But here, we get instead 50+ posts on how to break a 6 way tie.....in purely perfect Valley of even form.

Congrats to these guys, especially the seniors. That's a really quality, classy group of kids that have worked hard to get to this point. It would have been really sad to see them leave without a championship. Toure', Garrett and David, especially, deserve this.

Good luck to everyone in St. Louis.

Really?

It wasn't that much of a surprise...the Shocks already had the tie...and had two games to clinch it outright...in all fairness to the other teams, at this point it was almost a forgone conclusion that they'd win at least 1 of 2 to get sole possession.

The 6 way tie is rather unusual...esp with only one game left. I find it interesting that 6 teams can wind up anywhere from 3rd to playing on thursday.
shockerengr
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby havoc » February 23rd, 2012, 9:57 am

shockerengr wrote:The 6 way tie is rather unusual...esp with only one game left. I find it interesting that 6 teams can wind up anywhere from 3rd to playing on thursday.

Technically, only 5 teams can wind up anywhere from 3rd to playing on Thursday. UNI has a 0% chance of third, but the point still remains, pretty crazy stuff.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball