Missouri State at Evansville - 2/25

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Missouri State at Evansville - 2/25

Postby Ace Dad » February 25th, 2012, 6:21 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
MVCfans wrote:Holmes with a 3 to tie game. 1 sec left.

I still don't understand why coaches don't have the players foul intentionally with a 3-point lead in the last few seconds of a game.

Coach Lusk tried.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » February 25th, 2012, 6:46 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:
MVCfans wrote:Holmes with a 3 to tie game. 1 sec left.

I still don't understand why coaches don't have the players foul intentionally with a 3-point lead in the last few seconds of a game.

Coach Lusk tried.

Yes it seems pretty well established that was his order. The players just didn't carry it out for whatever reason. :Bam:
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » February 25th, 2012, 7:22 pm

Was Bizoukas ill or something? Knowing that he's been MSU's starting PG all season and that he didn't start today. Plus, his rather anemic stat line from today's game:
14 minutes
5 fouls
3 assists
0 points
0 rebounds
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby MSUBear42 » February 25th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Biz has been playing worse and worse. Not to mention he brings 0 threat to score so teams can double Weems
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ace Dad » February 25th, 2012, 7:57 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:Biz has been playing worse and worse. Not to mention he brings 0 threat to score so teams can double Weems

Another perspective: His play did not change. Teams adjusted to him. Biz was a newcomer to the Valley (one year only) and teams were not sure how he played early on.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Comin' Up Aces » February 25th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Can anybody clarify what exactly happened with Gulley in OT? They announced that he committed his fifth foul, but he never left the game. I assume it must have been a mix-up, but they never announced a correction, nor did they change the scoreboard. ESPN box score has him listed as having 4 PFs, but their play-by-play lists 5 fouls for him. After appearing to have fouled out, he hit a big three that tied the game.

Anyone have any clarification on that?
Comin' Up Aces
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby FeartheQ » February 25th, 2012, 8:30 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
FeartheQ wrote:Rematch.. good thing we have been saving our game for St. Louis :huh:

No doubt, based on the 39 "its freakin Evansville" or "just the Aces" views from the Bear Nation. We will respect you as a worthy opponent next Friday and will not look past you.

Just ole Evansville...........................

Still fighting for respect I see... Perceptions take more than a year to change.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ace Dad » February 25th, 2012, 8:34 pm

FeartheQ wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:
FeartheQ wrote:Rematch.. good thing we have been saving our game for St. Louis :huh:

No doubt, based on the 39 "its freakin Evansville" or "just the Aces" views from the Bear Nation. We will respect you as a worthy opponent next Friday and will not look past you.

Just ole Evansville...........................

Still fighting for respect I see... Perceptions take more than a year to change.

We agree.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UE 71 » February 25th, 2012, 8:43 pm

Comin' Up Aces wrote:Can anybody clarify what exactly happened with Gulley in OT? They announced that he committed his fifth foul, but he never left the game. I assume it must have been a mix-up, but they never announced a correction, nor did they change the scoreboard. ESPN box score has him listed as having 4 PFs, but their play-by-play lists 5 fouls for him. After appearing to have fouled out, he hit a big three that tied the game.

Anyone have any clarification on that?

I went back and reviewed the official scoring on the UE basketball web page and the box score summary shows only 4 fouls. However, I looked at the play-by-play and counted 5 with the last one being at :14 in OT. He made a shot after that which might have been the basis of a protest if we had lost.
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 25th, 2012, 9:46 pm

pafan wrote:Was Bizoukas ill or something? Knowing that he's been MSU's starting PG all season and that he didn't start today. Plus, his rather anemic stat line from today's game:
14 minutes
5 fouls
3 assists
0 points
0 rebounds

I think you might have answered your own question.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball