THIS BOARD

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: THIS BOARD

Postby Wufan » March 9th, 2012, 11:32 am

unipanther99 wrote:
Wufan wrote:Welcome to the forum.

Don't use the term mid-major.

Really? I think most of us here still use the term. Great run by the Leathernecks this year --- I think Jim Molinari has the program headed in the right direction. I hope you guys get an invite to the CIT/CBI.

Yes really. And we should always welcome first time posters!

Again, welcome to the forum! I'm glad you enjoy this site!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ST_Lawson » March 9th, 2012, 3:01 pm

unipanther99 wrote:

Really? I think most of us here still use the term. Great run by the Leathernecks this year --- I think Jim Molinari has the program headed in the right direction. I hope you guys get an invite to the CIT/CBI.

Sorry, didn't realize the term "mid-major" was such a divisive issue. I've always considered it similar to FCS Football (and yes, I know that FBS and FCS are actual separate divisions, whereas mid-major is just how some people refer to a certain level of division I sports)...it's all Division I.

Anyway, yea, Coach Mo has been doing a great job turning the program around. I've been a fan of his from back when he was at Bradley. When I was an undergrad at Western, I was dating a girl in the pep band at Bradley, and she'd tell me stories about their "MolinArmy".

I think the current thinking is that we might get an invite to the CIT if we're lucky...we'll just have to see. If they try to group regionally, maybe we'll end up with a game against a MVC team. I wouldn't mind that...a close proximity game means more of our fans can make the trip.
Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby glm38 » March 9th, 2012, 3:04 pm

The term mid-major in association with the MVC is kind of unclear. On some websites, articles, and polls you see the MVC listed as a "major" conference. On others we are a mid major.

I don't care for the term either. I'm afraid it's here to stay though.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball