MVC Post Season Awards - 1st, 2nd teams and POY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Post Season Awards - 1st, 2nd teams and POY

Postby Shockerfan13 » February 28th, 2012, 8:54 pm

cpacmel wrote:The newcomer of the year doesn't even average 9 points per game. WOW. I have a problem with that one.

Tuttle is more deserving of newcomer of the year than Hall is, IMO. Downing or Tyler Brown have much better #'s too.

I guess the crazy voters figured that if they were going to give Echenique DPOY they ought to give the guy that averaged 78.5% FG, 13pts, 8.5rebs, 2 blocks against him the Newcomer of the year.....
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby iSASO » February 28th, 2012, 9:12 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:
cpacmel wrote:The newcomer of the year doesn't even average 9 points per game. WOW. I have a problem with that one.

Tuttle is more deserving of newcomer of the year than Hall is, IMO. Downing or Tyler Brown have much better #'s too.

I guess the crazy voters figured that if they were going to give Echenique DPOY they ought to give the guy that averaged 78.5% FG, 13pts, 8.5rebs, 2 blocks against him the Newcomer of the year.....

Seems fair.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bluejays89 » February 28th, 2012, 11:23 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:

My goodness you guys are whiners!!
bluejays89
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby goodolemvc » February 29th, 2012, 7:37 am

Is anybody else shocked at the sixth man of the year? Cox seems to be a nice player but sixth man of the year??
goodolemvc
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby havoc » February 29th, 2012, 7:45 am

goodolemvc wrote:Is anybody else shocked at the sixth man of the year? Cox seems to be a nice player but sixth man of the year??

Who else would you give it to?

Cox has better numbers than last years 6th man award winner.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby pafan » February 29th, 2012, 7:52 am

goodolemvc wrote:Is anybody else shocked at the sixth man of the year? Cox seems to be a nice player but sixth man of the year??

Let's say this: I was surprised by that selection. I'm not sure who else would have been a strong candidate, though. Maybe R.J. Mahurin of ISU Blue or David Kyles of WSU? Just throwing some names out there, didn't check their end-of-season stats.
Last edited by pafan on February 29th, 2012, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby havoc » February 29th, 2012, 7:57 am

pafan wrote:

Let's say this: I was surprised by that selection. I'm not sure who else would have been a strong candidate, though. Maybe R.J. Mahurin of ISU Blue or David Kyles of WSU?

Kyles started over 25% of WSU games so he isn't eligible.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Khan4Cats » February 29th, 2012, 7:59 am

I don't know enough about the "6th" man for enough teams this year to know. I kind of thought Ben Smith would have been a good candidate, but then he started towards the end of the year. For UNI, Marc Sonnen was the 6th man for most of the pre-conference season, then moved into the line-up. Deon Mitchell was that guy for the first half of conference and then Anthony James for the last part of the season.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cu8493 » February 29th, 2012, 9:50 am

Those whining about GE being DPOY apparently did not watch him shut down Colt Ryan mano a mano with the game on the line in Omaha last week. The guy can guard anyone, anywhere on the floor. :D
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » February 29th, 2012, 9:52 am

cu8493 wrote:Those whining about GE being DPOY apparently did not watch him shut down Colt Ryan mano a mano with the game on the line in Omaha last week. The guy can guard anyone, anywhere on the floor. :D

I don't mind him being DPOY, what is weird is he isn't even HM All Valley.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball